4.18.2010

Jesus, the Great Physician

Cupcakes and Oranges (12 of 22)


Every time I start to get sick, I can just imagine what my mom will tell me. If it has to do with a cold or any of those symptoms, whatever she has to say has something to do with Vitamin C. I'm no doctor, but I figure there's something to that Vitamin C. Usually if I am coming down with a cold, I can get rid of the symptoms pretty quick if I boost my Vitamin C intake, whether it be by supplements, or orange juice, that sort of thing. It is taking a lot more to get rid of the sickness we're getting over now, but a little more Vitamin C makes a bigger difference, to me at least.

Cupcakes and Oranges (17 of 22)


We live in a Sin-Sick world. You can't deny it. This world is full of depraved people, perverse minds, and people who just don't care a thing about what God expects of them in their lives. It's sad. It is so, so sad. The devil has so many followers. He has infected this world, and the disease of sin is spreading like wildfire. We can't turn blind eyes against this. If you don't see the fire, you're in danger of being burned as well. This world is sick. And all of the Vitamin C in the world can't help it.

Cupcakes and Oranges (11 of 22)


But there is One who can help. Jesus Christ, the Great Physician.

"When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Mark 2:17

Christians have the responsibility to bring the Great Physician into their home. Parents usually do not hesitate to take care of their children when they are physically ill. Usually Hubby and I will watch Benjamin and if he doesn't get any better with our home care, we call the doctor and set up an appointment. However, when one is Sin-Sick, there should be no waiting. If there is Sin in the home, the Great Physician must be brought in right away. We all know how serious Sin is, left unattended.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

Christian parents have a huge responsibility to keep their children Spiritually Well. While there does come a time when the child is able to make adult decisions, when the child is under your roof, they are your responsibility. The Father/Husband should be the highest earthly authority, and Christ, the Great Physician, is always to be the Highest Authority.

I don't have teenagers. It wasn't too long ago that I was a teenager. I'm only 21. I can remember very well the feeling that sometimes came over me of just wanting to do my own thing, or doing what my friends were doing. A verse that always brought me down to earth was this one:

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15

We can't be a part of the world, and be a part of God's family as well. It is the parents' responsibility to keep our children separated from the world.

Now. The entertainment industry is thriving, and honestly it seems all young folks, or perhaps just everyone in general, revolve around the latest movies, music, shows, and sometimes books. We don't have cable in our house so usually we don't know what new movie is playing.

But I do know of one movie that I won't even list on my blog because even the title of this movie has a curse word in it. And it broke my heart completely when I saw that a Christian young man that is even a member of my family was going to see this movie. And even more than that, his brother was going with him... and who was taking them? Their dad.

Their dad was taking them to see a movie which had the title of profane language.

What is wrong with this picture? Well, everything. You know, what would happen if we got to Heaven and there was a log of every single movie we had ever seen right there in God's hands. And His finger would run down the page and point out every movie that you really shouldn't have seen and then He'd ask you, "Why?"

Or maybe He'd ask the parent, "Why did you let My child fill their head with this filth?"

I don't want to be the parent who is responsible for that sin. I never want to be that parent.

Christian parents have the medicine for any sin that infects our children. We have the Bible. We have God's word, which sanctifies us.

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:17

We can't let our consciences become seared {1 Timothy 4:2}. We can't become like the world, and we certainly can't let our children become Sin-Sick either.

Cupcakes and Oranges (20 of 22)


We need to take this Sin-Sick world to the Great Physician, starting with our own families, if there is a need.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Great post! So much to think about and try and make right in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vit C is good to help with sickness. As far as sin sickness, it is very hard to escape a lot of different media. I've gotten a lot better with that. I mostly listen to Christian music now and it's amazing how much of a difference that makes. I try to keep any sort of bad things away from Kyndra. It's harder with Hannah because her mom allows it. Like she took her to go see the movie Valentine's Day. She's only 10 YRS OLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! She took a 10 year old to see that movie?? From what I can see it is just filled with sex! I know that has to be hard for you and your husband, knowing that her mother allows that kind of filth in her life. That is so hard. Hopefully later on you and your husband's influence can override that sort of parenting. Thank God Kyndra and Lainey will be kept away from that filth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!!!! I wish more parents understood...

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!