5.26.2010

doctor, target, plaid.

Usually my sweet Benjamin loves to go to the doctor. He is never whiny, never fussy, and only cries during shots and shortly afterward. He loves all the attention he gets when he is at the doctor's office. I guess he understands that it is all about him, and you know how egocentric children are. Even though we try hard to teach Benjamin that it is not all about him by teaching to be considerate of others, he still believes that everyone in the doctor's office came especially to see him.

We went to the doctor today {not to be confused with the trip to the E.R. yesterday}. This trip started off like any other doctor visit - with Benjamin hamming it up in the waiting room and charming the nurse and doctor.

And then off came the diaper.

And then he was made to lay down on the table.

And then he was held down while they inserted a catheter.

I have never, ever heard him scream the way that he screamed today. My poor baby with tears streaming down his face, struggling so hard to get far, far away from that mean doctor {who was actually very, very kind}. It only lasted two or three minutes, but it was two or three minutes too long for I believe everyone in the room.

My poor sweet baby. When I laid him down to put his diaper back on after all that was over, he cried and drew his legs up like don't touch me! I felt so bad. He clung very tightly to me for a while afterward. We went and sat in the lab waiting area for a little while and then the doctor called us back and said she couldn't find anything wrong. So the specimen has been sent off to see if he perhaps has a UTI - and if he does, we will have to go see a specialist because boys rarely ever get UTI's.

Afterward, Benjamin and I went to Target and I treated him to some popcorn {which unless he's sneaked some, was his first taste - instant love I think!} and a cherry icee. We walked around a while, talked to Benjamin's Nana, and then Hubby came and picked us up for some grocery shopping. By this time, Benjamin was back to his usual self!

Grocery shopping done, we headed home, and Benjamin and I played outside for a little bit and worked on my newest photography project {more on that later}. I took a handful of cute photos:

mayday!
ride that airplane!
look around.
plaid.
my blue-eyed babe


Isn't that plaid outfit adorable? It was a hand-me-down from a friend and I have been in love with it since I laid eyes on it - before Benjamin was born! I have been waiting and waiting for him to be able to fit in it and my wait is over! So you may see that outfit a lot - I love it!

And I love my sweet boy.

mommy and darling


Please keep my baby boy in your prayers. I need him to be ok!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen!

    I found your blog through a good friend of mine, Kimberly. I love it! It is so refreshing to know that there are other Christiam women out there trying to live Godly. Thanks for your example. I look forward to studying with you. Your baby boy is too cute. I love his plaid btw!! Super cute. I was wanting to know if you would tell me what kind of camera you use? Your pics are so clear. I am in the market for a new one and have been trying to figure out what I want. I am new to this blog thing but stop by and check mine out sometime and we can be friends! downhomemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I had your baby boy in my thoughts and prayers yesterday b/c we have been through something similar with my son. It is gut wrenching!
    Love the plaid! Great pics!
    Also saw Crystal on comments. She is one of my good friends who is going to do the Far Above Rubies. Glad she is coming along! :) Such a great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless his sweet little heart! I can't imagine what that was like for you and him! :(

    Love that outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww ... poor little boy! It's so hard when our children are sick. We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO glad he did not hurt afterwards! When they did Samuel's VCUG at the first of this year, he cried holding the front of his diaper for 24 hours. They could not get the cath in the first time, and had a very hard time keeping it in the second because he kept pushing it out. =( Those screams really do break your heart. I feel for you. I've been there, and I remember that scream. When they did the second VCUG, though, I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I have seen him before. It did break my heart, but the first time I ever remember hearing my baby scream like that was when they had to do a spinal tap in the hospital. I could not be in there in the trama room. I was right outside, but what I heard made me sick to my stomach. The doctor came out and thought I was going to pass out. LOL. I am unfortunately more adjusted to those screams, now, since we always have something going on with one of the boys. =) I can prepare myself for what is coming, and even though it doesn't make hearing them any easier, it keeps me a little sane. =) Poor little Ben! I LOVE the shirt, though! =) I am a sucker for plaid shirts on little boys, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Benjamin! I'm sure it wasn't pleasant but it had to be done. It's hard to hear them cry! It's good that he got a little treat afterward!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!