Sixteen Months Old!
This past month flew by, Mister Ben! I am sure that as soon as I blink my eye, I'll be saying, "Benjamin, you are Sixteen Years Old!" I wish I had toothpicks to prop my eyelids open so I won't miss one second of it! You are always doing something different or learning something new and it is so exciting to see you explore new things. You are just precious and perfect in every which way!
You have 12 teeth now, sir, and you have two more coming in! That is fourteen all together once you get those two in, and that to me is a lot! You love to use those teeth, too, don't you? Your favorite thing, hands down, is Nana's eggless fudgy brownies. I can't count how many times you ask for one during the day {though usually you only get one if you've been good}. It's funny to think that you are still underweight! At your 15 month appointment you were only 21 pounds! You are in the 20th percentile for weight and 25th for height. I always thought you'd stay on the higher end of the scale but you've proven me wrong!
You are so silly. I tell you every day that you are just a silly billy. You are always either preaching at us or dancing around! You like to stand on top of things and feel so proud of yourself when you do. You also like to reach up and turn doorknobs {I think of this now because as I type this, that's exactly what you're doing, goober!}. You like to woof like a dog and you like to hiss like a snake, and it is so precious. One of my favorite tricks that you do though has to be praying and then saying, "AAAAMEN!" It's precious!
You usually take one nap per day but sometimes you'll bless us with a second nap! You have a lot of energy, young man, and I am sure you'll only have more for me to deal with! You sleep so well at night! You've been sleeping through the night since January and my life has changed ever since! haha! Seriously, it's been a blessing to be able to keep up with you, though you're so active that mommy sometimes needs a nap as well.
You have such an inquiring mind. I have never seen such a curious child. You like to see how things work and you like to check everything out. You don't say too many actual words yet but you certainly voice your concerns and love to hear your voice echo back to you - can you say preacher's kid?? haha!
This is also what we have in store for us this coming month. Yesterday we bought you this potty and today was the first time you sat on it. At first you weren't too sure, but you've requested a few times to sit, and so you have. While you haven't done anything yet, you are showing interest, and dear Benjamin, you are breaking your momma's heart with all this growing up! Go easy on your mommy, okay? Don't start saying real words for a while yet, and let me cherish your jibber jabber a while longer. It's just too precious to let go of.
I love you, my Blonde-haired, Blue-eyed, darling boy! Even if you are starting to not be a baby anymore...
Such a sweet post! I love his pics in the red chair... soon he'll just have to stand next to it and eventually (like when he's 16) he could just hold it :D Jack did the same thing with the weight after he turned a year old. He quit gaining at 9 months!!! I was freaking out, but he had lots of ear aches and once he had tubes put in and tonsils out (18 months) he packed on the lbs :)
ReplyDeleteI figured all this running Benjamin has been doing has been keeping it off!
ReplyDeleteYeah, you know I am going to force him to do these photo shoots for the rest of his life!! hahaha! my children are going to be SO tired of my camera!
Oh my, he just gets cuter! So exciting that he's interest in potty training! Hopefully it won't be too hard for him to conquer! Love the sweet pics :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 16 months Benjamin! You are as cute as ever!
ReplyDeleteHi! I found your blog through a search on the Proverbs 31 Woman. I am blogging about going through verse by verse (as well as my 3 kids and other random topics) and really enjoyed your input on it too. I am following your blog now, and look forward to reading more. Feel free to stop by mine sometime, let me know what you think.
ReplyDeletehttp://makeitmatterjr.blogspot.com