10.04.2009

Another Blog Award!

One thing I absolutely love about blogging is not only being able to share my thoughts with everyone (however scary they may be from time to time), but all the wonderful people I have met through blogging. I would have never guessed there is such a wonderful network of women out here who can come together through blogs!

I've been awarded another Bloggy Award by sweet Kate over at Called Out One! Thanks so much, Kate!!



So here are the rules:
1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.


Seven things about me that people may not know ... hrrmm.

1. It has always been my biggest dream to write a novel and have it published. When I was home schooled, I did take a creative writing course called "Learn To Write the Novel Way" during which I wrote a novel. At the end of it, though, my computer crashed and all I have now is a hard copy with all the red marks after my dad had finished going through and editing. I still have it somewhere and I doubt I will ever bring myself to type it all up again.

2. Connected to the above, I spent the majority of my education in public school. By the time I hit the second half of my Sophomore year, I had had enough and I was educated at home from then on. I do plan on educating my children at home, provided the Government allows me to ...

3. I am a sports fan, though I do not get to watch games as we do not have cable. I support the Atlanta Braves, the Atlanta Falcons, the Georgia Bulldogs, the Chicago Bears, and the New England Patriots.

4. I have an irrational fear of large birds ... Parrot-sized and up. I've been chased down by peacocks (they are so mean), bitten by ducks (and also chased), and I was attacked by a parrot in a pet shop. It drew blood through a thick sweater.

5. I own every season of I Love Lucy there is to own, and I have watched every episode. You can say I'm a pretty big fan.

6. I have an irrational fear of Mascots ... as in, people wearing huge over-sized Mascot suits. I had a nightmare when I was very young (the first nightmare I remember having) where I went to my friend's birthday party and the Georgia Bulldog mascot was there giving Autographs. I went up to get an autograph, and it ate me. I now go out of my way to avoid them.

7. My favorite place on earth is Walterboro, South Carolina. It is a small town outside of Charleston. If you are ever in the area and you haven't been to Walterboro, you should stop by and go to the Drug Store downtown for a milkshake or a fountain drink. They also have the best hotdogs! My grandparents live there and I am looking forward to a vacation there in December!


Whew. Didn't know it would be that hard to think up stuff. I'm a little embarrassed about spilling my irrational fears, but oh well! I'm glad it's out in the open!

And now for my nominees!

1. Annie @ Mama Dweeb - Annie is a fun mama - she is just like me in that we both cloth diaper but use disposable wipes at the same time!
2. Sabrina @ A Day in the Life of Madeline's Mommy - Sabrina is the mommy of Madeline, who was born the same day as Benjamin!
3. Micah @ Adventures of a Not-So-Desperate Housewife - Micah is a new mommy to a very beautiful little girl, and a fellow preacher's wife!
4. Melanie @ Random Redhead - Melanie is marrying my brother in December and she is one of THE best friends I have! I love her to death and am thrilled that she will soon be a fellow preacher's wife! (and she needs to update her blog, AHEM!)
5. Heather @ Honest to Blog - I love Heather. She is so sweet! I love her blog because she is just so honest with herself!
6. Stephanie @ From the Inside Out and So, I'm Fat ... Now What? - Stephanie is one of the most beautiful people I know - inside and out - and I miss the GUTS out of her.
7. Amanda @ Love Like the Dickens - I think I've only met Amanda in passing at church one time, but I love her blog!!


That's it! I hope you all are having a great weekend and Lord's Day! I will have to make a post about the Fish Fry we had at the church building yesterday! It was a lot of fun.

Till then!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kristen, thank you so much! I really appreciate these two awards! I am working on my next blog post for it and should have it up tomorrow, you are the best!

    Happy Sunday, hope you are having fun spending time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, your mascot story cracks me up!

    Congrats on the award though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should hear the long version of the parrot story. I may tell it some day. It can either be seen as traumatic or hilarious. I choose traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate, I do not like birds and I can't stand people in large costumes! So much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might be afraid of mascots too if I dreamed one ate me! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet! Thanks! As soon as I get my computer to stop acting up (it overheats and shuts off randomly. Nice, huh?) - I'm gonna post a new blog! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!