10.14.2009

Praise, Prayers, and Pleasantries

Praise the Lord we had two people baptized into Christ Tuesday afternoon - what a blessed day! One woman and her daughter that Carl had gone over to study with. The woman is a bit elderly and says she has bladder cancer and COPD, and doesn't know how much longer she has on this earth and wanted to make sure she spent the rest of her days here on earth living right in the eyes of God! What an example! I am so excited to be calling them Sister Patsie and Sister Becky!

That being said, please keep Patsie in your prayers. She was not feeling very well today and the doctor told her to keep off her feet the next few days. I do believe more testing is to be done in the future. She does need your prayers, though!

It truly is days like that that make me feel so very blessed to be in the ministry - to be the wife of a preacher. It isn't always easy, but I feel like our lives are enriched because of it. And I am so blessed to have so many other friends in the ministry as well. I miss Memphis! But I love it here!

Afterward we were invited out to a Member's house - the neighbor and kin to the family who took in our sweet Davey, if you remember this post. After a good time of fellowship and food, we ventured over and said hello to Davey. I haven't announced it here yet, but in about 20-something days, Davey is going to be a poppa rabbit! Don't get too excited, though, because they eat the offspring. As long as they don't eat Davey - I am fine with that!











It was good to see our dear rabbit, though.

Anyway, other than that, last night I got around to ordering Benjamin's Halloween costume. It still remains a mystery to most of you (and shush! to those of you who do know!) - and you are welcome to make your guesses! I will reveal it on Halloween! I know, I am so mean.

I'm exhausted - as usual! It's been a tiresome week and it's only halfway over! Really I think all this rain we've been getting is what's making it feel so tiresome! We need a little sunshine! Got any to spare, y'all? Or are y'all in the same boat (har har) as we are?



post signature

3 comments:

  1. That's so nice that you got to see Davey!! I still have not picked out Kyndra's costume. I'm not sure what she will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You won a prize in my 100th post giveaway! Be sure to check your email! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rainy and gloomy here too! I hear you on the rewards of ministry. Love the little rabbit. I used to have a Holland lop, named Wills. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!