10.27.2009

Photogenic.

The great thing about having such a precious, adorable, beautiful, blonde-haired-blue-eyed, chubby-cheeked, ham-of-a child is that he is very, very photogenic and loves the camera.

Well ...

Most of the time.









Yesterday, dear little Benjamin was in one of his moods. I mean, if you can't already tell. And to be honest, due to his wake-up calls 5 times during the night, I was feeling a little cranky as well. To new moms (and experienced moms) who have babies waking them up through the night - I've really been feeling your pain lately. Benjamin has only slept through the night twice in his sweet little life, but usually he'll only wake up once or maybe twice... but lately it's been more around four or five times. Pretty much every hour after 2 or so.



Seriously.


Anyway ... so I've been keeping Mariah lately as I've already told you. Yesterday while Benjamin was napping, I decided to see if Mariah would sit for pictures. The lighting was off and I wasn't too fond of the shadows, but I did get a few pictures that I actually liked. We'll try again another day, but till then, I can share some of the ones I did like!


Reach for the stars!


Isn't she just adorable?


She really is one of the sweetest (busiest) babies!


I just love this girl! She is so much fun to play with and to keep.

-------

In other news, today is such a rainy day. We braved it and went out to the "big" city to get some shopping done and to get myself a haircut. We woke up to rain pouring down and it is still raining.

I got an e-mail from my dad this morning, he was trying to figure out how to put I guess a comment on my blog so he asked for me to just put this up for him:

Some things just happen ... we just happen to love our family! And it keeps getting bigger! Kristen is a wonderful example of how you can encourage others in what you say and do. We've been blessed to be a part of her life and the lives of those she brings near to us. We love you Kristen!!!!


Thanks, Dad! It means a lot! Love you!!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. I so feel you about the not sleeping thing. Jack did not sleep throught the night till way past a year old. Even after I weened him he just wanted me to come in and rock him. Of course I was a sucker for a little while and then we eventually had to just cut it off. Maybe Ben is going through a growth spurt and trying to catch up on food at night....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, I'm sure it must be so hard to be wakened so much during the night and have your hands full during the day! I'm starting to gear myself up for it...once my little one gets here. Maybe Benjamin is going through a growth spurt or teething or something. I hope for your sake that he gets through this time soon!
    I love the pictures! Isn't it so fun to take pictures of children? I love it.
    What a sweet comment from your dad! I agree though, you are such a blessing to me too!

    PS, do you knit or crochet (or both?). I just knit, but I'd love to learn to crochet. I love yarn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, I am right there with you about the sleepless nights! Sometimes Samuel sleeps a long time and only wakes 1-2 times, others, he is up crying all night long! Mostly because of teething, but I also think it is growing pains. I do not understand these mommies that say their babies slept all night from 6 weeks. I have had like 6 doctors tell me it is VERY normal for children to wake at least once every night until the age of 4-5. Oh boy. =) So, how many years have we got left? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, by the way, that was just me who commented.. Brittany Rogers. I have yet to figure out this blog stuff, but I do enjoy reading yours. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad is so sweet! What cute pics! Molly is waking up too, not unusual for a 2 year old, but I really enjoy sleeping at night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dad is so sweet!!! I don't know how you manage to stay awake and care for Mariah while Benjamin is sleeping, since you're not getting much rest at night. Wow, you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!