I really, honestly don't see how you do it every day, 24/7. This goes for those who have any number (other than one) of young children ... wow! Today was my first day keeping both Benjamin and Mariah. Ben has just turned 9 months, and Mariah will be 9 months on Halloween. Since they are basically at the same developmental stages and both very into exploring, it was a task keeping an eye on the two of them. After bouts of jealousy from Benjamin, who is not used to sharing his mommy, the two went on a room exploration.
It was just so funny to watch the two interact. Mariah is definitely a leader, and Benjamin was happy to follow her around the room and do what she was doing. They would play and explore and talk to each other in their little baby jargon. It was as if they understood each other! It was so funny!
We had a pretty great day, actually. I'm pooped and I've stayed up too late (thank you Mountain Dew and your wellspring of caffeine that I could have used oh about six hours ago!), but today really was a great day. Mariah is a busy baby and she makes Ben a busy baby as well, but they had fun. She was so good, too! If they were both super needy babies I think it'd be different.
Anyway, that's how that went! I think in time Benjamin will get used to shared attention and the day will go even smoother. Now if we could only sort out nap time... any suggestions?
Mythbusters found out that yawning is, indeed, contagious... try that? Maybe they'll fall asleep that way. or.. you'll yawn yourself into a sleep coma... either way..
ReplyDeleteI bet they had so much fun together!! They can wear each other playing so much. And you too! lol
ReplyDeleteSounds like y'all had a really fun day. I sometimes keep a little girl who is 16 months and my nephew who is 9 months. That's quite a combination :) They are usually really good, but it does wear me out!
ReplyDeleteI think that's funny that he's following her lead and probably finding all kinds of new things to do because of it. So cute!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE nine months old!!! How fun! :) (And waaay tiring ;)
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel! I don't know how moms with more than one do it either! I've been keeping a little boy who is 13 months when his mom works. So Madeline crawling around and him walking around - I'm running around!! The first day was hard, but after that it wasn't too hard. The first day I was trying to make lunch - I had him and Madeline screaming their brains out for food. Stressful!! It is fun though because the kids learn from each other, it gives them a playmate, and they are so tired from all the playing come bed time - they sleep great! haha
ReplyDelete