10.30.2009

Ham.

Can I just take a moment to say how amazing you guys are? You step up to the plate, ready to hit your knees and go to God in prayer when prayers are asked for. It's wonderful and heartwarming to know that so many people care. I haven't had an update on Lyndsay lately, but Heather, her sister, wanted me to thank you all for praying for her sister and her family. It means a lot to her, it really truly does.

Thank you so much! And keep them coming!

-------

I have been busy today, y'all! I am trying so hard to get my house clean before next Saturday, when we are having a little get together at our house with many friends (hopefully!) and possibly my parents as well! I know, I know ... it should be clean already! But you know how things are with a newborn (and for you pregnant ladies with your first - you will!). It is hard for me now to clean especially as I watch Mariah during the week as well. But I am trying hard to get in the swing of things and hopefully soon we will have things under control (for once?).

Today we tackled three baskets of laundry that had been sitting in our laundry room to be folded. I hate folding laundry. It just seems like it is neverending. Right now the washer is going as I strip all my diapers down to get all the residue from the detergent out - you see, Ben has been getting sores down yonder and they get better for a time and then come back - so it could very well be the detergent we've been using. He has such sensitive skin, and poor little thing got it from me! My skin is just as bad - if not worse!

So tonight Ben sleeps in a disposable diaper. For the first time since ... March? Or maybe April? I can't remember.

-------

Saturday we are going out to buy the necessary items to put together a coupon binder. Yes, folks, that's right! I am starting my journey with Couponing. I am very excited about it, actually. My dear, dear kindred spirit Autumn has gotten me into it and I've already had a dream about it. So I guess that means my mind is committed! haha.

We spent a good deal of time today clipping coupons and ... I actually ... enjoyed it! My mom has used coupons for years and years and I was always thinking "Oh no, here come the coupons" ... but when Autumn told me she had only had to pay less than $21 on a bill that would have been over $113 without coupons at Target ... okay, that totally sold me. So you may have noticed the links on the sidebar to coupon and saving sites. Really that is for my benefit, but yours as well if you'd like to check them out!

-------

Benjamin and I spent some time together tonight while Hubby was out at a meeting. We had a really good time. I enjoy spending alone time with Benjamin, as long as he behaves! And he did this time!

I tell you, he is such a ham ...






I really shouldn't be up so late! I am about to head to bed. I just realized that tomorrow (or, today if you want to be technical) is Friday! That ends my day (early morning) on a very happy note!

And, since I keep forgetting to mention it and I will probably continue to forget (thank you Mommy Brain + Holidays + Exhaustion): My birthday is Monday!

With a big: Hurrah! for prayers being answered, houses getting clean(ish), coupons being clipped, money being saved, precious boys being hams, tomorrow being Friday, and Monday being my birthday, I leave you all! Good night!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. What GREAT pictures!!! He is such a cutie!!! :)
    And I like the Grocery Game for coupons. I don't know if you are using a program, but I like Grocery Game WAY better than CouponSense and it is much cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coupons + Sales Paper = Major Savings!

    I used to be on top of the whole coupon thing but have been busy and stopped clipping. Now that we tightened the budget I will have to find the scissors again. Happy Clipping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wanna learn how to do the couponing but I don't know where to start!! Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's got beautiful eyes! Love your photography style!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful for prayer being answered! My heart has been so heavy for Lyndsay. I hope she will be fully recovered before too long!
    Yay for coupon clipping! I do some, but I'm not a hard core couponer. My sister is though and she's gotten me into teaching a class with her. We taught one back in September and we have 2 coming up next month. So many people are excited and eager to learn about saving money...I think it's the economy.
    Great pictures, as always! I really love your photography!
    Oh, and about cleaning...I don't have a clean house and I don't even have a baby yet! It's so hard for me to keep up with everything too.
    Hope you have an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE couponmom.com. She has lists every week of what is both on sale and has coupons in the circulars so you can combine coupons with sales and get the lowest prices possible. She even tells you which circulars they are in so you only have to clip what you need that week. I have been doing a little couponing but am starting to try to really do it. I feel like it should be one of my jobs as a sahm to save us as much money as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!