Friends, your prayers are working! Keep them coming! The fluid is off of Lyndsay's lungs and she is breathing without the breathing tube! Praise God! Please, continue to pray as Lyndsay is not out of the woods yet. But as you can see, your prayers are working. Please, keep them coming.
To read more about Lyndsay's condition, please check out this post.
-------
It's been over two years since my Papaw died of skin cancer that had spread to his liver. You can read my post where I remembered him this past July 5th here. Anyway, one of the things I remember about him every time I see the guitars in my house or my mom and dad's is the fact that my Papaw was a great musician. He played the guitar and was taking dobro lessons. He passed his talents on to my dad and then on to my brother. Me, I got the short stick, it seems, with no musical talents to speak of, save some clarinet skills and a bit of singing. Other than that... total loss.
Anyway, when my brother and I were growing up, our Papaw gave us a guitar and said we could keep it if we learned how to play. Steven, my brother, did learn and is pretty much a master of any instrument he picks up.
I tried to learn. I really did. But I'm just not good, and I have baby hands (seriously, they are tiny) that hardly fit around the neck.
I got married a little over a month after Papaw passed away. When I was packing stuff to move to Memphis, Tn, I asked my dad if I could take the Samick Papaw had given to us. He said I could.
Yesterday, Benjamin discovered it propped up in the corner of the room. He leaned against the amp as he stretched to pluck the strings, and he would stare at it in sheer wonderment. I had to take pictures - and I was looking at them last night and realized that I cherish these pictures beyond what I had thought before. I thought I was just capturing Benjamin playing with an instrument in the corner - but what I had really caught was Benjamin interacting with my Papaw in a way. Does that make sense?
Benjamin, I wish so much that you could have known my Papaw. You would have loved him. And he would have loved you so much, his first great-grandchild.
And now my heart hurts ...
We'll keep praying and I'm glad to see that there's improvement. :)
ReplyDeleteYour Papaw is smiling. :)
So glad Lyndsay is doing some better! I've been praying and will continue to.
ReplyDeleteWhat precious memories you have of your Papaw!
Thank you for adding me and Lily Grace to your pregnant girls prayer list! That is so sweet of you. I definitely appreciate your prayers!
what a sweet post! my papaw passed away 6months before Jack was born. (he is named after him) my dad's dad... He loved singing hymns and so does my dad...when I see Jack up there on singing nights it just melts my heart! I'm sure your papaw would have absolutly loved seeing Benjamin 'play' your guitar!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I totally get what you mean. My brother died 11 years ago and everyday I wish Molly knew her uncle. It's bittersweet, because I have great memories with him and Molly has none. But the pics are cute!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Lyndsey is doing better! :)
ReplyDeleteI know...I am still not over losing my great grandpa Joe. We are so blessed to have such great men in our lives, even if just for a bit!
I'm sorry your Papaw isn't around for Benjamin to grow up with. I think it is so sweet how he was curious about the guitar.
ReplyDelete