4.20.2011

Growing Up

25131_102134173160557_100000919245356_18111_7443182_n

I have been looking at old pictures of Benjamin lately. I know that pretty much everyone who has ever had kids will tell you straight up that you should enjoy every moment while they are young  because they grow up entirely too fast. I have found this to be extremely accurate. I feel like just yesterday Benjamin was doing his first ever Easter egg hunt through the house {with Daddy’s assistance, of course, ha!}. He is just not the same baby as he was back then, in fact I realized today that BabyCenter sends me emails calling Benjamin ‘your preschooler’. Preschooler? My baby? Already?

29401_114517965255511_100000919245356_86360_5928209_n

But it’s true. He isn’t such a baby anymore. In fact, as many of you probably have heard already via Facebook, Benjamin will be hardcore potty-training starting tomorrow. I don’t know how many of you know of the 3-Day Potty Training Method, but that is what we are going to do and we are praying that it will work because first thing tomorrow, all the disposable diapers go bye-bye and the cloth ones get put away. Cold turkey.

24671_109279489112692_100000919245356_63147_6201211_n

I admit that I am pretty nervous about this whole process. This means that there is no going back. No falling back on diapers. Go big or go home, right? Well we are going big. This means that I will have to be right with Benjamin every waking minute of the day for the next three days. I have to catch him while he is in the process of ‘going’, each and every time he goes. Tonight we went on a last minute walmart run to buy one more pack of “big boy unnies”, a bunch of drinks, some special dinosaur cups, and some bananas.

28583_116883795018928_100000919245356_96009_937545_n

So I apologize, but I won’t be around much the next three days. I won’t be able to do the Morning Glories posts because it takes my attention away from Benjamin for too long. Hopefully the next time you hear from me will be with good news about Benjamin’s potty training. Say a prayer for my sanity if you will, ha! And maybe Benjamin’s too because I am sure by the end of it we will be tired of spending so much time together.

SONY DSC

So my big boy is growing up. I think he is ready. And I think I am, too. But we’ll just have to see when the three days are up! Bye-bye diapers! 

11 comments:

  1. I remember when those emails started coming to me. "Your preschooler"

    Sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! You'll have to let us know how it goes! Darius just started seeming interested in paying attention to when he is going potty. Maybe someday soon I'll be following in your footsteps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Potty training requires lots and lots of laundry and patience! I'll slip a little prayer in for you...and Ben.

    You didn't ask for advice on the subject, but I'll give you a piece anyway! Invest in TWO potty's! One for the bathroom and one to travel around the house with you! It was the only way I could get anything done! Otherwise, I was constantly stepping in puddles :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came over from Lori Lynn's blog. I am also a member of the church and my husband is a preacher! I love finding blogs of fellow members and especially ones of preacher's wives. You can't have too many preacher wife friends! I'm following now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and good luck potty training. I trained my daughter when she was 18 months and she was super easy! Hopefully, Benjamin will be easy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lisa, I believe I actually went crazy today so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will tell you how it goes.. so far... I wanted to give up by 12! But I'm pressing on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks girl, I totally need the prayers! and thanks for the advice, but the method we are using says to just have a potty in the bathroom, but if that doesn't work we will look into other things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! I know it is quite different--a child and a dog--haha, but it was a lot of work to house train Molly. But now, she is ringing a bell to go outside to use the bathroom. He will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's such a sweet and nostalgic step when your little one starts to be called a preschooler....sigh....I remember.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!