4.20.2011

Morning Glories: Glorifying God

morningglories

Let your light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
Matthew 5:16

One of my daily goals should always be to glorify God. I will be the first to admit to you that I am not perfect and that I do not always have my head in the right place. I need verses like this one to remind me that my purpose should be to glorify God in my daily life, and how exactly to do it.

Let your light so shine. We know that Christians are often described as being lights in a dark world. Am I living up to this? I like to think that I am living up to this description with my daily life. The way I dress, the way I talk, the way I handle certain situations. There have been times in my life even recently where I knew that I was struggling to shine my light for others to see and in those situations what do you do? For me, I had to eliminate those situations from my life.

Prioritizing can be so hard sometimes because we are all the time finding new things to do or new places to be. Our schedules are filled to the brim and it’s hard to ‘make time’ for the things that really matter: Bible study, prayer, teaching others, doing good deeds for others.

It is said that it takes 32 days to develop a good habit. Maybe if we do our best to prioritize better for 32 days it will just come naturally for us!

This is just a little reminder to me, and to you, what the goal of a Christian should be. Glorifying the Father with our good works by letting our light shine in this dark world. You can’t be seen if you hide out in your house or if you do everything in secrecy. Let your light shine today and every day and make it your mission to glorify God in everything you do!

I hope your day is filled with blessings! If you have tips or ideas on how to prioritize and keep on track, please do share in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your Morning Glories, Kristen! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!