4.11.2011

Morning Glories : Children of God

morningglories

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:”
1 John 3:1a

Besides my God and my husband, the next person who holds the most affection and adoration in my heart is my child. I am sure everyone who knows me knows this. Benjamin is very precious to me and I do what I can to ensure his safety and health, physically but most importantly spiritually. I rejoice when he rejoices and I feel my heart break when he is torn apart for whatever reason. I hate to discipline him although I know it’s necessary. I do it all because I love him dearly.

Think about all of this in light of the fact that the Father has called us His children. Don’t you think that all that applies for how God cares for us? He takes care of us physically and most importantly spiritually, feeding us by way of His word. Don’t you think He feels our joy and our sorrow? And His discipline, isn’t it difficult for Him, but necessary and out of love?

When you go about your day, do you think about how blessed you are to have a Father who bestows such love upon us and calls us His children? Doesn’t it make our life more meaningful?

It is my prayer that we all will go about our day, remembering that God is our Father and we are His children, and act accordingly. I know that as a kid I wouldn’t do certain things not only because I was taught a certain way by my wonderful parents, but because I didn’t want to bring shame to their name. I didn’t want to behave in a manner that would reflect badly upon them. That is how I believe I should act in light of the Heavenly Father claiming me as His child. I need to act in a manner that reflects positively on the claim that He has laid on my life from the moment I obeyed Him in baptism, rising anew a child of God.

I hope you all have a blessed day and don’t forget to pray! :}

Kristen

blog comments powered by Disqus