4.07.2011

Visiting With Mom (aka: Nana)

SONY DSC

This week has been so nice. Last week was nice because of all the fellowship we took part in and the lessons from God’s word that we were able to hear. This week has been nice because my mom has  been visiting all week with us {as she came home with us from Memphis}, and it has been a very nice visit. I have loved having her here for a visit, and most of all Benjamin has. He has been getting a lot of Nana time in this week and he’s been loving every minute of it. He has been all the time bringing books to her for her to read and she has been so nice to read every single one of them to him, no matter how many times she already had in the past five minutes.

SONY DSC

She’s also been taking him outside a lot this week and they have just had such a good time together. Benjamin really loves spending time with his Nana. I just let them play as much as they want to because I know come Sunday she will be leaving and who knows when we will get to spend moments like these together again?

SONY DSC

Besides all the time she has been spending with Benjamin, my mom has been nothing but helpful all week. I have to brag a little bit because I love her dearly and she doesn’t get near enough credit for what she does. She is the picture of servitude. I am sure we all know that Christ set the example in the Bible of serving others and placing others before yourself. If there is one person who exemplifies this over and over in her every day life it is my mother. I guess when I was younger I didn’t see things for what they really were but now I can see clearly that all my life I have had this great example for me and now I pray I can be like her in this aspect.

My mom is just amazing. She is always willing to help even if you don’t ask her to. She has been in the kitchen much of this week taking care of the dishes before I could get to them, and asking me what she could do when I was cooking. I know that she does this when we visit her mom too and my dad’s mom. She has always been willing to step up and take to teaching Bible classes, even age groups she wasn’t comfortable with, because she felt it was her duty. She has never refused to sit with the elderly or sit with someone at the hospital. She cooks for people, she sends out cards on birthdays and anniversaries…

I could go on. I really could. I don’t know how she does it, but my mom is amazing. What a servant she is! I hope I can be this way. I want to be like her.

SONY DSC

I am really going to miss my mom when she goes back home. I am proud to say that besides my husband, my mom is my best friend here on earth. I love her dearly. I am definitely going to cherish these last couple of days that she is here with us. These memories are priceless and I wouldn’t change a moment for anything in the world.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet that y'all are so close and you look up to her so much. I pray that Reagan will say things that are half as nice as the things you say about your Mom. And that I'll deserve them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like y'all are having a lovely time together!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!