4.12.2011

Dear Benjamin: Thank you.

Dear Benjamin,

   I never knew how much being a mommy would truly change my life. I knew that it would be life-changing, but I never knew to what degree it would be so altering. I have not always wanted to be a mommy, but when I met your daddy, I knew that there was nothing more that I wanted to be: a wife and a mommy. Since you came into our lives, before we even saw your precious face or even knew your gender, you have brought such joy to our hearts. You continue to be a shining light in a world of darkness, brightening our days more than we could have ever imagined. And, Benjamin, you have taught me so much.

SONY DSC

   You have taught me to laugh loud and hard and spontaneously. You are so good at making me break down into a fit of giggles and your sweet laugh is something that I look forward to hearing each and every day when I open my eyes in the morning. I love the way you laugh when Daddy tickles you and although you are yelling “No, Daddy, No!” in between peals of laughter, your laughter is so contagious! You have a gift for lightening the mood in most situations. Thank you for teaching me to find the joy in every situation!

SONY DSC

   You have taught me that it is perfectly okay to be silly, no matter where you are or who you are with. Sometimes as you get older, you feel like you can’t be that silly anymore, but you  have taught me that it’s okay, no matter how old you are, to let yourself get silly. I have so much fun with you wherever we go because you are such a silly little guy. Thank you for teaching me to loosen up!

SONY DSC

   You have taught me how to love abundantly! I have never met a more affectionate little boy! You have taught us how to have compassion and how to open up our hearts to others. You are so good at showing others that you love them, by giving hugs and kisses freely. You have taught me to make sure I show and tell others that I love them every chance I get, and I thank you for this!

SONY DSC

   You have taught me about reliance, forgiveness, and honesty. You rely on us for everything and this reminds me that I am also a child – a child of God the Father, and I need to totally rely on Him. You are always so forgiving, no matter who has done what to you, and this has taught me to also have a  heart willing to forgive those around me, and at the same time to not be so swift to judge others. You have no reason to not be yourself and this has taught me a lesson on how to be honest with myself and with others. Thank you, Benjamin.

SONY DSC

   Benjamin, your sweetness is infectious and I wish I could capture and keep your joyful spirit for all time. I am so thankful to God that He saw fit to bless us with you. Thank you for all that you have taught me, even at two years old, and all you will teach me. Mommy has a lot to learn even now.

I Love You Dearly,
Your Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, this is beautiful. Are you compiling these Benjamin posts in a book for him? 'Cause you should. He'll treasure these words forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about it! Thanks Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!