4.08.2011

Morning Glories : Peace, Be Still!

morningglories

“And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, ‘Peace, be still.’ And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.” Mark 4:39

A few weeks ago I was subbing for a class on Wednesday night and it was just me and this sweet little girl in there learning about the Sea of Galilee. We got to the passage about Jesus calming the storm and as I explained it to the young girl, I too came to a deeper realization about the words of our Master, “Peace, be still.”

There are some times in my life when I feel I have nothing but turmoil around me. I know that whatever I have faced is never the worst thing in the world. There are many other people who have faced much worse, but you all know that when you’re in the thick of it, sometimes you just can’t find any sort of silver lining on any of the clouds. You are just in the biggest storm of your life!

Isn’t it true that all we need in this life to calm our storms is the Master? Whatever it may be, if we lean on Christ, we know that He, the Good Shepherd, will guide us through! How amazing is it when we allow Him to say “Peace, be still.” to the storms of life! If only we would put our trust fully on Him. Jesus Christ alone can calm the storms of life and take away our burdens.

  1. I’ve found my Lord and He is mine,
    He won me by His love;
    I’ll serve Him all my years of time,
    And dwell with Him above.
    • Refrain:
      His yoke is easy, His burden is light,
      I’ve found it so, I’ve found it so;
      His service is my sweetest delight,
      His blessings ever flow.
  2. No other Lord but Christ I know,
    I walk with Him alone;
    His streams of love forever flow,
    Within my heart His throne.
  3. He’s dearer to my heart than life,
    He found me lost in sin;
    He calmed the sea of inward strife,
    And bade me come to Him.
  4. I’ve tried the road of sin and found,
    Its prospects all deceive;
    I’ve proved the Lord, and joys abound,
    More than I could believe.

Think on that today, and every day, especially as you face life’s hardships! Have a beautiful day! Don’t forget to pray!

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your post this morning - it is exactly the message that I needed to hear (read) this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!