It has been a really long time since I have participated in Show Us Your Life over at Kelly’s Korner. But I have recently {in the past few months} started reading a whole lot again {thanks to a super exclusive book club my mom set up which includes her … and me}, so books are pretty much on my mind. I’ve always been a book worm, but since Benjamin was born I started having less time to read. I’ve made the time though and I love to settle down at the end of a long day just me and a book and some fluffy pillows.
So, currently on my bedside table… {or other places throughout the house… you know what I mean}…
Book 3 in the Anne of Green Gables series. Mom chose to read this series so we have been working our way through the books. I read them years and years ago and reading these I was reminded why I always wanted to be an author when I grow up {and maybe I still could be some day when I’m not changing diapers or cleaning up messes or playing blocks}. I love it, I love it, I love it. It really is a book for all ages. It’s funny and sad and romantic and descriptive and imaginative… it isn’t modern and I love that because I’m not really into modern-day fiction. {I mean, my favorite book ever is Gone With the Wind!}
The next books I am reading are Bible study books and the like.
“A daily Bible workbook, a personal growth manual, a practical application of Bible examples and a letter-writing course. What can I expect to learn: how to get life-changing results from writing personal notes; what materials I need to serve and glorify God; why and how to send appropriate notes to the grieving-including caregivers, divorce victims, parents of handicapped children, disaster victims and the jobless; what to say when extending forgiveness --and asking for it; how to gain confidence by practicing proven methods.” – The Gospel Advocate
I have really enjoyed this book and am trying to become better at writing notes to people. I know it is very encouraging for me when I receive notes or emails of encouragement and I think we should all practice this! I have loved this study so far. Sister Jane McWhorter is so sweet and kind and it shows throughout this book.
“Looking for a Scripture-based book to put the music back in your marriage? Your good marriage can be better! For couples who want their marriages to meet their maximum potentials for happiness, this scripture-filled practical guidebook is a must-read. Chapters address adultery prevention, finances, intimacy, respect, leadership issues, and more.” – Colley Books
I have a few books by Cindy Colley and I have mad love for her as a Sister and I have loved hearing her speak. This has been such a great book so far and I’ve only just begun. I am looking forward to this study and Carl is even reading along with me. I am sure it will be very useful to me! I am so not a perfect wife!
{PS – You can check out Cindy’s blog here! If you haven’t already, you really should!}
- - -
So, what are you reading? Link up at Kelly’s Korner!
Great books! Just seeing the cover photo of Anne of the Island brings back memories, and makes me want to go grab my (bent, dog-eared, marked up) copy and dig in! :) I've read the series at least twice - some books more than that. Good, good stuff.
ReplyDeleteI also have Special Delivery and want to read it again. It's been almost 6 years (we had just gotten married) :) since I read that one.
And You're Singing My Song is one of the best ever marriage books. Love, love, love it. I need to read that one again too...
...this is why I don't read enough new stuff. I keep wanting to go back and re-read the old stuff! :)
I'm working my way through 2011's MSOP lectureship book, and Patsy Loden's Loving Your Husband. :)
Thanks for your recommendations for bible/scripture based books. Something I definitly need in my life!!!
ReplyDeleteLOve the Flickr pics of your boy.
You're welcome! I am currently working through some new books I picked up last month at a lectureship :) They are good!!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you :)
I started Patsy Loden's and then I put it down to pick up the Colley's. I will pick it up again once I finish these! I am loving them so far!
ReplyDeleteAll sound like great books....Happy Saturday
ReplyDelete