4.26.2011

Morning Glories: Outstanding and Everlasting

morningglories

"...and, lo, I am with you always,
even unto the end of the world."
Matthew 28:20

Aren’t the words of our Savior so comforting? It makes everything seem so bearable here on earth, or at least more so than if we thought we were all alone. I find so much comfort in the fact that I am never alone in my trials and problems. There is a hymn that I love to sing that really shows the feeling in our need for Christ:

Precious lord, take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I'm tired, I'm weak, I'm lone
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand precious lord, lead me home


When my way grows drear precious lord linger near
When my light is almost gone
Hear my cry, hear my call
Hold my hand lest I fall
Take my hand precious lord, lead me home


When the darkness appears and the night draws near
And the day is past and gone
At the river I stand
Guide my feet, hold my hand
Take my hand precious lord, lead me home


Precious lord, take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I'm tired, I'm weak, I'm lone
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand precious lord, lead me home.

And Jesus has said that He is with us always. How amazing is that?

Comforting. Amazing. Christ's words, His teachings, His love. Outstanding and Everlasting. Christ is with me, and my soul is at peace.

I hope you all have a blessed day and find your soul at peace as Christ is with you!

1 comment:

  1. Those words are some of my favorites. There are so many times where I am too stubborn to surrender my hand -- thank you for reminding me this morning that I need to walk hand in hand with the Lord.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!