4.04.2011

Pressing On …

SONY DSC

There have been times, even recently, where people have thanked me for my example of a Christian woman, wife, and mother. I am humbled by such a statement and truly do not find myself worthy of that sort of gratitude. I do strive to live my life in front of others to be an example of purity. I suppose I know my faults and my flaws better than anyone else, and this is why I have such a hard time thinking myself a good example. To those who have said such to me recently, I want you to know that you have touched my heart. I am far from perfect in my actions and words and thoughts, but I am striving. I discussed this with my husband not too long ago and he told me that I’m not perfect, but I am faithful, and that’s what matters. It’s hard dealing with imperfections. But I am ever so thankful for Christ’s blood which covers  me and continuously cleanses me. Each and every day I am more and more thankful for my decision on September 15, 2003 to become baptized into Christ, to wash my sins away and free me from the bondage of sin.

After spending nearly a week at the Memphis School of Preaching lectureship, learning about the Behavior of Faith, I have been really looking inward. I have been reflecting on myself and I see what I need to change – not a want, a need – and I am learning how. I never knew that this life would be such a journey, filled with the twists and turns and bumps and dips. I try to think  back and see how I got to where I am now, who it was that helped me along the way so much… I can name a few people, and I just attempted to but deleted because I did not want to leave anyone out and feel bad for it later.

I owe it most of all to God, because HE is the One who has blessed me with all the other people who have helped me along the way. God is so good. It saddens me to know that there are people out there who live without Him in their lives and are perfectly fine with it. I feel so sorry for those who will never know the blessings found only in Christ Jesus.

A sincere thank you to all my friends who have helped me along the way, even in the smallest ways. I hope that you will continue to help me. I’ve decided that now is the time to transform my life, renew my spirit and zeal and love for Christ. I’m going to blog about it when I get the chance. I hope you don’t mind. :)

I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I’m onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s tableland,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where those abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.


I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.


I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till heav’n I’ve found,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

5 comments:

  1. You are such a great example! I understand what you mean though about having a hard time accepting it when we know all of our faults. This past week has given me a push I needed as well. I've known there were things I needed to change, but now I have the push to do it. I'll pray for you and you pray for me! :) I'm so glad to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely pray for you, girl! I am so glad and honored to be able to call you my friend as well. You are near and dear to my heart! I tell you what Chuck Webster's sermon - did you hear it? Man that sure did step down hard on my toes. And Melony Webster's on time management... pretty sure someone told her I needed that badly. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl! Thank you so much for sharing this! Wow...I pray that the Lord will continue to grow and challenge me as well. TO BE LIKE JESUS! What bliss that will be :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to here his. I think we got a late start that morning. I'll have to listen to the audio! Melony's definitely was all over me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!