4.19.2011

Morning Glories: Crucified With Christ

morningglories

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
Galatians 2:20

This is a verse that was brought up Sunday at the Young Adult devo and it has always been one that I have always enjoyed. As a young kid it was probably one of the first that I learned by heart that stuck with me because of the song we would sing at Bible Camp. I can’t read this verse without singing the song in my head.

This is a verse that is filled with hope. We have been crucified with Christ when we become Christians. And yet we rise again a new creature from the watery grave of baptism, and we live. But we’re not the ones living anymore. We don’t live for ourselves. We should be mere vessels for Christian living.

I just love this verse because it puts to word what a Christian really is. We’ve been buried with Christ and risen again, and now we live a life for him, or at least that is what we should always strive for. We live our lives by faith in Christ, who died for our sins because He loved us so immensely, even as sinners!

I will never be able to repay the price that Christ paid for my sins, but I can live my life for Him since He gave His for me.

I hope that I live each day of my life in a worthy manner reflecting my gratitude for this sacrifice, and I pray you try to do the same as well! Have a blessed day!

blog comments powered by Disqus