4.29.2011

A Plea for Prayers

I know that you all have seen on the news and on the internet all the destruction that happened last night all across the beautiful state of Alabama. Please keep Alabama in your prayers. I don’t know what the current death toll is but I am certain that today has been a very hard day for many people. There are people who are still unaccounted for, and people who have been left with … absolutely nothing. There are families mourning loved ones lost, and individuals suffering injuries. Please, pray.

We drove out to bring food to a family who attends where we attend today. The house belonging to the son was torn through, but the other house stood seemingly untouched. The destruction on the way... incredible. You don't really "appreciate" the fierce power of the storm until you see the path it makes. And this is likely a mere taste compared to other places the storms hit. I apologize for bad quality! My camera's battery was dead so I had my phone to take pics only. Here are a few:

Photo0150

Photo0151

Trees were ripped up out of the earth, snapped in half, twisted and uprooted and just mangled. You think of how strong tree roots are and how deep they go, and then think what kind of force could just pluck them out of the ground and leave them there like a pile of tooth picks.

Photo0156

Photo0153

Photo0337

That’s just a taste of the destruction, and certainly not the worst.

Friends, please. Pray.

{And just so nobody thinks the worst, we are fine. The tornadoes were seemingly all around us but never in our town and we are so thankful. Also, the friends we were visiting today were all okay, just suffered a lot of property damage.}

Hubby will be headed out with a group from the congregation to help clean up at the Central church of Christ in Tuscaloosa, whose building was severely damaged. Please pray for their efforts.

1 comment:

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!