4.26.2011

Our Easter Adventures

SONY DSC  SONY DSC

Easter had me all nervous. As most everyone knows, Thursday was the first day of our hardcore potty training. By Saturday he was supposed to be fully trained, if we had stuck with the method we had initially decided to use. However, by Friday afternoon we had decided that the method wasn’t the right one for Benjamin {as we know him a lot better than someone who just wrote a general method to cover a wide range of personalities}. We decided to change a few things in the method {we added no-nos, according to her, ha!}, and as soon as we did, we started seeing a change. The last time I updated you about the process was Friday, and as it happens, until yesterday evening, Friday had been the last day that we had to mop up any accidents. Saturday Benjamin did very well and we were so proud of him!

Anyway back to Sunday. I was so nervous because all weekend we had stayed in the house and had not gone anywhere… okay maybe a brief trip to the deck but that is all. We stayed home. We got some Pull Ups for Bible Class {we called them Bible Class Undies so that he would not think it was a diaper}. We took his potty to church and stuck it in the nursery bathroom.

Sunday he stayed dry all day long except at naptime. We were able to enjoy our Easter day without mopping up any accidents or switching out wet undies for dry ones. Success!

In fact, we spent the afternoon at some friends’ house and even had an Easter egg hunt for Benjamin.

SONY DSC  SONY DSC

SONY DSC  SONY DSC

SONY DSC  SONY DSC

We had such a good time. We are so proud of Benjamin and his success with Potty Training. He isn’t totally trained, but the good news is he even kept his bed dry all night last night. Progress! We love our big boy!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Cute pictures too, I love his little dungarees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Ben! Glad y'all had a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!