I can't begin to describe how irritated I feel when I see or hear a Christian going on and on about how terrible their life is. I'm not saying we can't get angry or we can't have bad days or even that we can't vent (this is a sort of vent really). But there is something very wrong when a Christian claims to hate their life. Maybe we need to reevaluate what truly makes us happy in life. Perhaps we should remember that Christians have been washed by the blood of Jesus Christ, and have hope of heaven. Shouldn't that daily make us happy? No matter what happens, we aren't living for this life, but the next - and knowing that we have this hope... shouldn't that make everything else minor? This life is SO temporary. We don't need to forget that as Christians, we have been blessed with all the spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3).
Christians should be happy. I suggest any unhappy Christians listen to the sermon "I'm Blessed, Are You?" by Eric Owens. Study your bible, pray when you have troubles, and thank God daily for everything He has blessed you with.
amen!
ReplyDeleteand amen to your driving pet peeves...those happen to be my biggest driving pet peeves too. it's like we're twins! or not.
p.s. i sent you some email to your yahoo account up there, but haven't gotten responses...wanted to make sure you got it. check it out girl!
I agree! Christians should be the happiest people in the world because we know that this life is temporary and what we have beyond it is immeasurable! That's not to say that I don't get whiney from time to time, but I try to keep it in check.
ReplyDeleteI agree! Christians should be the happiest people alive because of the hope we have in Christ! Thanks for sharing this. It helped me today.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree that Christians should be very happy people. When so called Christians are not happy that are not right with God and need our prayers and encouragement. Oh, and by the way you cracked my up about the enter and exit signs. This is a major pet peeve of my husband. When we go to Wal-Mart he will wait to enter the enter door while people or exiting even if no one it at the exit door. I personally go to the exit door. But thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDeleteI think your pet peeves are quite valid! They annoy me too! I don't know why a Christian wouldn't be happy. Time for a shift in priorities I'd say!
ReplyDeleteJesus didn't die for us to have an unhappy life! It's taken my almost fifty years to understand that. I'm working very hard to change what I can and give to God the rest....and to not let people steal my joy!
ReplyDeletePraying you are having a wonderful day with your beautiful little boy. :o)