Yesterday was an exciting day because we went and watched one of my best friends from my childhood and up get married. She was my maid of honor in my wedding and this weekend I had the honor of watching her marry the love of her life. It was SUCH a beautiful wedding... and SUCH an amazing reception. The food was fantastic, of course, if you knew her dad you wouldn't be surprised. I had such a wonderful time that we were about 10 minutes from leaving when I remembered I had brought my camera. Guess what? I didn't take any pictures. It was actually kind of nice. I got to just enjoy everything. I wish I had something to show you, but ... sorry! And you know, it takes a lot to make me forget about my camera! That's how amazing the whole ordeal was!
All these weddings, though... kind of make me think about Benjamin and him growing up. We're about to hit his first birthday... and I can already see him standing at the front of a church, waiting for his bride to walk in. I never did realize exactly how fleeting this life is until I had Benjamin. And now it just feels like it is passing us by with flying colors. It's so crazy to think about... sooner than I think, I will be playing the role of 'Mother of the Groom'! I mean, just look at that face! That's my baby, and before I know it, he's going to be a man!
Of course, I already know who Benjamin is going to marry. ;) Are pre-arranged marriages accepted these days? But really, I just pray that Benjamin's future wife is being cared for and brought up in a way that God would approve of, and that she grows up to be a wonderful Christian woman. I pray she gets lots of snuggles and kisses and hugs and tickles and grows up happy, but most of all I pray her parents teach her about God and Christ and His church, and to love the Lord and obey Him. That's all I want.
Well, that and for Benjamin to be little forever, but I know that just ain't happening.
Well if you happen to find something that WILL keep them little PLEASE pass it along to me!! It's all going by way too fast! And thanks for bringing up praying for your child's future spouse... it really is important and I often forget that that little person is out there somewhere :)
ReplyDeleteWhen the day comes for him to get married, I'm sure he'll pick a most wonderful girl!
ReplyDeleteI pray those same things for my Ella (who is also almost a year old . . . where did the time go??).
ReplyDeleteThis made me cry because even though Lily is only 10 days old, I am seeing how fast she is growing and like you said the time is flying by so fast. Your little Benjamin is just adorably cute! :)
ReplyDeleteReagan just started talking to Benjamin's picture while I was reading this post...maybe there's some competition out there for Alethia! lol
ReplyDeleteIt was a beautiful wedding, and it was so good to see you there!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean; I knew that time flies and all that, but now that I am a mommy I realize it even more. Jay is almost 2 and Carrie Anne isn't really even a newborn anymore... where does it go?
Being on the bride's side, and seeing my aunt and uncle giving away their only daughter, my thoughts revolved more around my little girl - so far, my only daughter. Before I know it, my wee girl will be a young woman and my husband and I will be giving her to a man who I pray will cherish, lead and protect her. It is a startling thought, but it happens to everyone sooner or later. It did to your parents and mine. I just pray, as you said, that he is being raised somewhere in a godly home and that he will be a godly husband. And of course, I pray that somewhere, there is a couple raising a little girl to be help meet to my son.
In my reflections though, my thoughts always turn back to my own home. If I want my precious babies to someday meet and love christians, I must raise them with God first in their hearts. I must mold them, protect their purity, instill in them a respect for God and a longing for a home as He intended it. The key to finding the right person, is being the right person. That is just as true for them as it was for me.
Oh, and I am all about arranged marriage. If Alethia finds someone else, I have a little girl Ben might like. ;)
Great post!
Rebecca