I meant to mention this earlier. Dear friends, I have an urgent prayer request for you. Please keep Paul and Vanessa Martin and their family in your prayers. Vanessa and their two children were involved in a very serious car accident this past Tuesday morning, which happened to be Vanessa's birthday. Their daughter is recovering from surgery, while their nine-year-old son has passed away. Vanessa is said to be okay, physically. Please, please keep this family in your prayers. This is so heartbreaking. I know you will lift up this family in prayer.
-------
The weather was so nice today that we decided to take our one year old out to play. It's been so cold lately so we really hadn't gone out much, but today we didn't even have to bundle up. So, we grabbed Benjamin's car and his Pup, and we set off to play outside.
We had a lot of fun! Benjamin loved being pushed in his car, and he visited with our neighbors for a little while before heading out to the backyard to walk around in it for the first time since he's started walking.
So far, we had only met a few of our neighbors (and we've been here a whole year so that's kind of sad), but today Benjamin met some new friends. On the other side of us, a few kids were playing in the backyard, so Benjamin went over and started yelling at them. The oldest one was 8, and the youngest were two twin girls who weren't school-aged yet. In between, a 6 year old boy and a girl who was only there until her parents picked her up. They were so cute. They enjoyed talking to Hubby and to Benjamin and showing him their football and blanket.
Today was a really good day. I got some birthday stuff done and Hubby tackled the mass amount of laundry we had piling up in our room. Thanks, babe!
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot:
Yes. Ew. I saw this after I took the picture, and immediately made Benjamin move. Hubby scooped it up with a shovel.
Don't worry, Benjamin didn't touch it.
But I gotta wonder... why was there a dead bird in the middle of our yard?
Gross...my mom's cat leaves her dead birds as a nice little gift on her steps all the time. Maybe a neighborhood cat did it?
ReplyDeleteSooooo funny. I'm gonna put that on my list of things NOT to have in our yard while taking Diamond out to play. Well, I don't actually have a list. But I think I'm gonna make one right now :)
ReplyDeleteThings that should'nt be in our yard while playing:
1.dead birds...check ;)
Good thing you saw it!! Ben looks so sweet walking around now! Doesn't it feel odd to say "our one year old"??? When I say oh yea our 2 year old, I am like oh man, where did the time go?! Yea for nice days! We still have 2 feet of snow on the ground!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your friends. It is heartbreaking...I will keep their family in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteAnd as for the dead bird... we've had that happen before :) It's one of the perks of having a yard and trees to play around! But isn't that better than no yard at all?!? Ben looks adorable 'discovering' his backyard for the first time.
so sad for the martin family.
ReplyDeletethanks for reminding us.
I'm digging that T-shirt... I want one!
ReplyDelete(although it would have be several sizes larger)
Oh that's gross! Ben is so cute toddling around the yard! He's a doll.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing about the family...will definitely be praying for them!!
He's so precious toddling around outside!!
ReplyDeleteI'm terribly sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I'll be praying. :(
He's so precious toddling around outside!!
ReplyDeleteI'm terribly sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I'll be praying. :(