Well, except God. God is perfect. The Divine Trinity. Father, Son, Holy Ghost. All perfect. And everything they do is perfect. I am so very thankful to have that knowledge. To know that whatever God does, it is always perfect. He has perfect wisdom and perfect power. Everything He has done, and everything He will ever do.
God's Word? Perfect.
His scheme of redemption? Perfect.
His requirements for repentance? Perfect.
And while we sometimes try to 'fix' these to our own liking, try to force other requirements into the equation or take some away, God's standards do not change. I take a lot of comfort in the fact that God does not change. There's no reason for Him to change: He is perfect, and all He has done... well, you get the picture.
I am so thankful that we don't have to submit to man's requirements in order to gain Salvation. I am so thankful that we don't have to submit to man's requirements in order to gain forgiveness.
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
(Galatians 1:8-9)
God's way is the perfect way, God's standards perfect, God's judgement perfect. While I am not perfect, I take great comfort in knowing that God is. While those surrounding us are not perfect
God IS.
And I am thankful.
TTYVDKFQTJTV
Good post! Justin always gets annoyed when I go in to perfectionist mode. :) Also, I like the new font on your titles!
ReplyDeleteYou are very spiritual and inspiring. You make a sweet and (almost!) perfect preacher's wife. I should know! My mom is one! hehe
ReplyDeleteThank you for the wonderful reminder, I needed that. Also, thank you for the loving words!
ReplyDeletePerfectly said Kristen :) Sometimes I think we share a brain lol...i could have posted this myself and it would have said the same thing! Keep up the great work...You are doing an amazing job at being a mommy, wife, and preacher's wife!!!
ReplyDeleteAnother great post! I am truly comforted by the fact that God IS perfect.
ReplyDeleteThankful here too!!
ReplyDelete