I don't want to feel sad about this... I should be happy and proud of my baby boy for growing and accomplishing so much in one year - and I am! But I can't help but to feel a little saddened by the fact that he's no longer my little itty bitty newborn. I'm gearing myself up for the moment my baby, whose age has been marked solely by months and weeks, will now transition into the 'years' markers.
One Year.
I'm also proud that my husband and I made it through a year without going completely insane. There were days when I felt like I was going to lose it, but I think I can safely say that my sanity (or at least some part of it) is still in tact. I'm sure my husband would beg to differ...
Speaking of
my [handsome, wonderful, helpful, loving] husband, I have to give a big shout out to him because I think my sanity would have vanished week one if I hadn't have had him around to help me. And I also want to thank him so much for letting me sleep in this morning, till (get this, yall) ELEVEN! Seriously. It was amazing.
This first year is coming to a quick close... and... I'm ready.
I think.
I had a really, really hard time with one, but when Molly turned two I felt more excited. But with age 1 I was a little depressed and sad. It's all normal! What a nice hubby to let you sleep!!
ReplyDeleteHold on tight, mine will be 31 on Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteI felt like my daughter's first birthday crept up on me out of nowhere - I couldn't believe it! But, now we can look back on pictures of her at this time last year and be amazed at how big she's gotten and the fun ways that she has grown up. It can be tough to realize that your little baby isn't a little baby anymore, but the toddler years are amazing, too! (P.S. - my little munchkin loves her Fridge Farm, too!)
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post! I can only imagine how hard it is seeing your little man turn one! Jacob and I can hardly believe that Lily is nearly 2 weeks old! Where have the days gone?
ReplyDeleteHe'll always be your baby! (until you have another baby) Bless your husband's heart for letting you sleep until 11!!
ReplyDeleteHey my mom has that barn on her fridge! That was so nice you got to sleep in!
ReplyDeleteCarl was already insane...just sayin' :)
ReplyDeleteHe'll always be your baby! (until you have another baby) Bless your husband's heart for letting you sleep until 11!!
ReplyDelete