The theme, as I said before, was "Cute as a Button". I couldn't find any manufactured decorations matching the theme, so everything was hand-made. It was actually pretty fun and I think it made everything all the more special. One of my favorite things about the party was the birthday banner(s) that I made.
I used my endless supply of scrapbooking paper, some wrapping ribbon, and of course some buttons. Thankfully I have a tall husband who pinned them up for me, else I'd have had to move out all of Benjamin's toys and stand on a chair.
Another thing I made for the party was a decoration for the light fixture above the table. I don't know if I got a good shot of it, but you can see it hanging down. I strung some buttons onto the same wrapping ribbon and draped it around the fixture.
And I did put some pictures of Benjamin on the same scrapbooking paper I used on the banners and put them up around the walls, and in the frame we already had up in our dining room. I still haven't taken those down, but when I do, I'm going to put them in a scrapbook for Benjamin, along with his birthday cards and other birthday memorabilia.
You may have also noticed the cupcake toppers. Yes, I did do those by hand as well. I used felt, buttons, sandwich picks, sharpie, and good old tacky glue. 25 probably took near half an hour. Not too bad!
The plates and napkins I got at Target a loooong time ago, when they were on clearance. They weren't button-printed, though, so on the plates I used a sharpie and put four dots... I had about 5 packs of plates and did that on them all, and really didn't even use up one! Bah! Oh well!
My dad helped me hang this basket above the favor table. It held party hats, which nobody took. Ho hum. At least it looked cute!
The favor table, which got no attention that I know of, held one of my favorite pictures of Benjamin.
The guys on my husband's side of the family blew up balloons while Benjamin sat on the floor and drank juice.
While my parents finished up putting stuff on the table. The fantastic cake was provided by my Mother-in-Law!
And that table turned into the drink table, complete with my green box, this time sans the baby - holding ice instead!
Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures during the party. We had a lot of friends come over, including three of Benjamin's baby friends. The babies had fun playing on the floor with the balloons and some of Benjamin's toys. Then came Benjamin's big moment where we sang happy birthday to him and brought him his cupcake:
Which he devoured slowly (he was tired), but surely.
The smash cake was adorable, but it had eggs in it so Benjamin was unable to eat it. He did, however, take a few nips at the icing.
The only other photos I got from the party were a few from him opening up his gifts. He got a lot of fantastic things, and we are so appreciative of everyone's thoughfulness! A HUGE THANK YOU to all you who gave Benjamin a gift, even if you weren't there! We love you all so much!
And there you have it! Probably in a later post I will give you the eggless cupcake recipe if you wanted to see how it tasted! And yes we are still doing cleanup on the minor things, mainly because Benjamin has had a rough couple of days. His new freedom has come with a lot more boundaries, which he is finding out fast. And needless to say, he hasn't been so happy about it.
But, if you will excuse me, I need to do some pilates (yes, for real!). And after that, I'll be updating my photo blog.
What cute decorations. Looks like a perfect party.
ReplyDeleteI just love his decorations and theme. It's a unique one!!
ReplyDelete