7.20.2010

Benjamin, You are Eighteen Months Old!



{I missed last month's post so we have a lot of catching up to do!}

Wow, Benjamin! Eighteen Months! That is a Year and a Half! Can you believe it?? Time really has flown. You have changed so much in the past month. It has been really exciting and you are getting closer and closer to your second birthday! Now that is frightening!


{Just look at that little grin!}

You are such a sweetheart, Benjamin. You are so loving and happy most of the time. You are very affectionate and love to give kisses, over and over and over! You are a cuddly little guy, but I fear you're starting to want your space more and more. You will always be my sweet baby, though, so get used to the cuddles! I'm not letting you off the hook anytime soon! You are getting so independent and the whole world seems to be your playground.



Believe it or not, Benjamin, some people are still mistaking you for a girl!! Everyone just loves to say how pretty you are - too pretty to be a boy! I guess that is why some people think you can't be a boy. If only they knew how you are 100% boy, with your love for dirt and running and climbing. You are a firecracker full of energy and Benjamin, I am tired! But I am so blessed to watch you run and play and to attempt to keep up with you {which rarely happens - you are just so energetic!}!



In this past month you have really learned a lot and your vocabulary has expanded by leaps and bounds. Some of the words you say are: Bible, Jesus, Noah, cracker, juice, shoes, outside, backpack, Papaw, Nana, Daddy, Mama, cool guy {thanks to Uncle Preston}, ball, hi, bye, eye, ear, and so many others that I just can't list them all! You also use a few signs such as thank you, please, potty, and more. We are so proud of our big boy!



Benjamin, you love to play all day long! You have this really cool "gumball machine" filled with all these balls that you love to play with. You still really love your Eeyor and you never go to bed without him! Speaking of bed, you are only taking one nap a day now, and you go to bed usually between 8 or 9:30 and you normally sleep 12 hours. You love to wake up in the morning and go on our morning walk! You also love our evening walk!



You usually request 3 shows during the day: "Boos Coos" {Blues Clues}, "Withis" {Wiggles}, and "Ba-pa" {Backpack, a.k.a. Dora the Explorer}. You love to watch all three and you even dance with the music! You are just precious!



You are starting to become a finicky eater which can sometimes be frustrating but we are still trying to figure out your likes and dislikes. I am doing pretty well with keeping eggs out of your diet, as you are severely allergic to them {you can't even touch them!!}. We are really hoping you will grow out of this allergy but things aren't looking so good for that! We will just have to be very careful with your diet! You love to drink your juice, and you love your goldfish and animal crackers as snacks. You also like to eat grapes, green beans, corn {preferably on the cob so you can eat on it during our walk!}, chicken, burritos, and a lot more! You don't really like black-eyed peas and you sometimes won't even eat french fries. We haven't tried mashed potatoes in a while but perhaps we will soon!



You are a very helpful little boy and you like to help mommy with the dishwasher. You open the cabinet and get the soap out for mommy and you close the soap door, and then you close the dishwasher drawer and mommy helps you push the buttons. You are getting to be such a big boy and are doing better and better with using a fork or spoon.



Benjamin, you truly are a joy to be around. You are entertaining and sweet, and very obedient although you do have your moments. I love you so much and I am so glad to be your mommy!

---------------------

day 19 - a song from your favorite album

Yes, this is another Avett Brothers song! My favorite album is probably "Country Was". I listened to this a lot while I was pregnant and I still love it! It's in their earlier days and I think that is a big reason why I just love this album!

Jenny and the Summer Day - the Avett Brothers




This is also the only video they had with this song on YouTube! Glad they had it!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a big boy! I can't believe how fast he's growing. He has the most precious smile ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!