7.17.2010

field trip!!

So many days this week have felt like Saturday, but today was the real deal, and it also felt like Saturday. This week was a really, really good one in terms of seeing friends and family and spending time together.

Thursday, we had taken Benjamin over to our friends' house to visit with their animals. I took a few pictures and wanted to share with you because it was a lot of fun!



Benjamin saw cows but they wouldn't let us close enough for a real good look.

The dog however enjoyed Benjamin's attention.

He also saw a horse...


...and wasn't too thrilled about being on his back.

While Benjamin loves dogs, he wasn't too thrilled about being licked all over.


He REALLY liked to help with the vegetables...


Benjamin picked this squash by himself!


Mommy got a few shots of some pretty butterflies...

Soon Benjamin broke out in itchy hives...

So we all headed inside.

It was very fun and I really enjoyed it! So did Benjamin!

--------

Today's "30 Days of Music" Category is: day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate

I had a hard time really choosing this one, but then I remembered one song that I just do not like: Uncle Kracer's "Follow Me". I used to like this song when it was really popular way back when, but then I realized what the lyrics meant and I decided it really was not a good song. It's pretty much about a guy and a gal having an affair.



P.S. - What kind of name is "Uncle Kracker" anyway? ha!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. oh wow. I don't guess I ever noticed what it's actually about either. That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I love the pictures! Benjamin is such a little cutie. :-) Looks like he had fun with the animals, I love the picture where he goes up to pet the little animal all curled up in a ball.

    I just found your recipe blog and when I saw the Cookies and Cream Cupcakes I was like, "Hey mom, do we have the ingredients for this?" So now I am following your blog and drooling over the cupcakes. :-) Yum!

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..I never realized what that song was about either! It's scary what you can be listening to and not even realize it!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!