7.06.2010

blessings

I am constantly reminded how blessed I am by having friends like you all! Thank you for all of your encouragement and kind words on my post yesterday. I really needed to get all of that out {although that's not even half of it, if you can imagine}. Yesterday was not a bad day, though I did have a few meltdowns, but that's okay. It's okay to have those days.

Thank you, all of my friends, for being so thoughtful and kind to me. I truly am blessed.

Today is a better day! We slept in til 9 today, and it still was not hot out when we went on our walk this morning! The weather has been so pleasant lately, and we have been really thankful for the break from the sweltering heat.

Yesterday Benjamin ended up getting a gigantic goose egg on his head from falling down the stairs head-first into the corner of the banister. We only have three steps on either side of our family room so we don't really think much of it. Any fall he takes is relatively short and not a big deal, but this time it was a big deal! Hubby was saying he bruised his eye but then I looked up and saw this SECOND HEAD growing out of his forehead, and I nearly passed out!! Of course he won't let us put ice on anything so it just swells up as big as it wants. I was very surprised that he didn't bust his head open, but I am thankful because that would have been a lot of blood, and I probably would have passed out for real.

Another thing Benjamin has been doing lately is fighting naps. He refuses to nap. He will sit in his crib and talk and yell but he will not for the life of him lay down and take a nap. Usually though in the afternoon we will force him to take a nap because really, an un-napped baby can sometimes get a little too cranky. This happened yesterday, and Benjamin had already had a rough day! I got him up from his nap around 6 and took him outside. He was still cranky. But I got a few pictures of him since I haven't really been taking any lately {and I know that's why you all come here in the first place ha!}


You can still see the tears under his eye from where he threw a fit when I put his shirt on him... Mr. Grumpy Diaper.


But he's cute when he's grumpy, don't you think? Of course, sometimes his attitude is really not cute and he gets in trouble for that. But really, don't you love his little self?


You're about to see one of the reasons the child has a new lump on his head every week. I'm going to start calling him Lumpy. It's appropriate.


It's because we let him do things like this. He loves to climb. He loves to have his own adventures. And we encourage him to learn and explore. Unfortunately with that comes a lot of accidents. Can you tell that we are very laid-back in our parenting? One thing we are not laid-back in is discipline though. I think Benjamin can confirm that one. ha!

Anyway, moving on...

today's 30 Days of Music category is:

day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone

This was a hard one to choose because there are so many that do remind me of someone. I finally decided on this one:

The Fox - Nicklecreek

It reminds me of two people actually. The story behind it explains both so I'll just tell you that.

Two MSOP Lectures ago we stayed with our friends Autumn & Matt and their baby Alethia. Autumn and I were going to a store and well Benjamin was not enjoying his carseat. Suddenly Autumn decided to play this particular song, and immediately Benjamin stopped crying. We thought, oh he wanted to hear music! But the next song came on and he started crying again! We played this one over, and he stopped!

And from then on, and I think even now {we haven't tried in a while} he will stop crying when he hears this song! So this song reminds me of my son, and it also reminds me of my Kindred Spirit, Autumn, whom I love and adore. I could go on and on about Autumn, but instead, I'll go ahead and give you the video.






post signature

2 comments:

  1. I like Nickel Creek's song Other Side. I think that's the only song of theirs I've heard before. I'm sorry you had a rough day the other day. I'm sure you miss your grandpa so much! (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like it when the naps went bye-bye! Hopefully it will be short-lived. He's still such a little thing.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!