I hate going into the laundry room for a couple of reasons:
1} It is related to laundry, which I hate doing.
2} It is usually always messy.
Until today.
I decided today was the day I would tackle the Laund-mess Monster. {Okay that didn't turn out the way I thought it would!} Ahem. I decided to break down the beast, gut it out, and claim it as my controlled space, not some niche of chaos.
I did it. I totally did it. I conquered the Laundry Room. I can't tell you how excited I am!
It took me one hour to go from this:
To this:
Complete with much-needed sweeping and mopping! I even Oxy-Cleaned a little tote for used diapers because we frequently change Benjamin down in our bonus room and it's too much of a hassle to go all the way to his bedroom to drop off a diaper.
And it only took an hour. One our out of my day completely focused on one room showered me with these results. I couldn't be more pleased. Well, actually, I could. Only because there are a few billion loads of laundry to fold, plus one in the wash and one in the dryer.
Sigh.
All in a day's work! Benjamin is thinking, "Who are you and what have you done with my mommy?!"
I LOVE IT!!! I absolutely get so excited about moments like this (maybe I need something more stimulating in my everyday life), and commend you on an hour well spent. Cleanliness is next to Godliness!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I always go back and look repeatedly at my new room, like it's going to change somehow, or just in admiration of hard work paid off.
Congrats!
p.s. Miss you too my odd-socked friend.
GOOD FOR YOU! It looks AMAZING!!! i need to do that but with my bedroom! LOL :) Love that picture of Benjamin :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks wonderful!! Come help me with mine :) Mine is spilling out of the doors because it's just a "laundry closet"... I have four loads waiting to be put away and one in the dryer...guess that makes five. Oh well, at least they are clean :)
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing! Great job girl!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I sooooo need to do some organizing around here!
ReplyDeleteYou have so inspired me . . . my house (especially my laundry room!) really needs a good cleaning/organizing. I just need to take it one room at a time. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly it Lisa! Next I am hitting the guest room because we need to
ReplyDeleteput the twin bed away and make room for a futon!
I think I like the one hour system. Just set aside one hour and go nonstop.
Stephanie I keep thinking about that time I gave you the ghost oven mit and you shrieked so loud! I love you! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
ReplyDeleteStacia give me a map and I'll come help you! You're allowed to have laundry spilling! You've got a baby to cook up!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kelly!!
ReplyDeleteI feel so much better now that it isn't appallingly messy in there!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I have been working on mine too....but in spurts. :) I am loving how your is looking!!! :)
ReplyDelete