the Nikon
the Canon
What camera do you own? Any input is appreciated!
Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6
I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!
I have wondered about this as well. Eventually I would like to get a dslr. Right now I use the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18. It works really well, but sometimes I have a hard time with lighting issues. It's usually too dark not to use flash, but sometimes when I do use flash it's still blurry. :/ I need to get a book on photography or something. I need to figure out the right settings to use. I usually default to the intelligent auto or the sports setting.
ReplyDeleteRight now I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5. When I get my DSLR it will definitely be more than a step up... more like a leap!
ReplyDeleteSome of my favorite photography blogs:
http://www.chasingpictureperfection.com/
http://www.pixelperfectblog.com/
http://iheartfaces.blogspot.com/
http://thepioneerwoman.com/
Maybe those have some pointers for you?
I have the Nikon D3000 and love it. Feel free to check out my photos. My friend has the a canon and I have been able to try hers and I honestly like the way mine feels better. Quality wise they are very similar. One thing to think about with the D3000 is that you will have to purchase DX lenses for them to auto focus. I have the 35mm and absolutely love it! I am saving up to get the 10-24mm. If you have any questions just ask, I will help as much as possible. Oh one more thing...Ritz camera offers a 5 year complete (drop it in toilet or down the stair and they will replace it) warranty on their cameras and lenses and they give you free lessons when you buy your camera from them.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Lindsay! I'm going to go check out your photos right now!!
ReplyDeleteAnd that warranty might come in handy with a toddler... who happens to love mommy and daddy's gadgets. Ha!
I think the canon is way prettier! Sadly, that is the extent of my expertise! Good luck with your comparison shopping!
ReplyDeleteI'm scared of Canons. Those iron balls are heavy, and you get gunpowder all over yourself, and the BOOM is just too loud.
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of camera do you have now? You always have great pictures!
ReplyDeleteI have an Sony Alpha 350. I've always been a Sony fan and when I was shopping for a DSLR, I decided to try their DSLR and I love it. It's an entry level DSLR as well so I hope to upgrade the body one day. I have a few great Sony lenses so I will probably stay in the Sony family for a while!
Noted. That is also my fear. ;)
ReplyDeleteRight now I use a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5. It's a point-and-shoot, and it is actually my husband's. My old Nikon Coolpix bit the dust so I have to use his. :/
ReplyDeleteI will look into that! Thanks a lot for the input!!
I just got the Canon Rebel and I really like it! My FIL does Canons too. I don't know a thing about Nikons.
ReplyDeleteI'm a Nikon girl ALL the way! I love mine. I don't know if you bought yours already but I figured I would still chime in. :)
ReplyDeleteI am in such a dilemma because I have heard so many good things about both! Thanks for your input, Holly!
ReplyDeleteI haven't yet, thanks for chiming in! I loved my Nikon point and shoot and I have always dreamed of having a Nikon DSLR... perhaps I should just make my dreams come true! Ha!
ReplyDelete