2.08.2010

Thank God for godly parents!

Something that has been on my mind today and something I am ever thankful for is having godly parents to have raised me. I was blessed to be able to talk to both of them today, gathering wisdom and advice, and also just having a chat. It was nice. I miss them.

I am so thankful to God that I have parents who brought my brother and me up in a house filled with God's word. It is a priceless gift that God has given me and so often I have taken it for granted. Now that I am older {at 21... that's still older!}, and now that I have a family of my own and a son of my own, I can appreciate my parents more - and do! I can look back and understand why they did things the way they did.

My parents are amazing. I wish you all could know them. They are always there to help guide me, even when they are two and a half hours away. They are always willing to talk and to give advice and to just be a friend. I found myself wishing desperately that I could talk to my dad at two o' clock this morning, and he called, and I am so thankful that we had the conversation that we did! And my mom is so thoughtful - today we got a lovely box full of Valentine's goodies for all three of us.

My parents are two of the best friends that I have, and I love them infinitely! I thank God daily for them!

I am just so blessed, sometimes I can scarcely believe how good God is to me!

Mom and Dad, if you happen to be reading, I love you both! You're fantastic! Thank you - for everything!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Godly parents are such a gift from God! I'm so so thankful for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a mother that is a Jehovahs witness and a father whom is Catholic...I can't relate. But one day, my kiddos will, and that makes me equally as happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feelings... I am so proud of the work my parents do and so thankful for their examples. I'm looking forward to them coming home in a day or two... it'll be good to see them again!

    Yay for parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely appreciate your parents more once you have your own family.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!