2.12.2010

Snow?

Update: It's 2:36 right now. It's been snowing for a few hours but only now is it starting to stick. We have the shade up on the window so we can see it drifting down. I'm really not a snow person, but I will admit that it is beautiful. And I am thankful for a roof and a heating system that works! Not to mention socks and sweaters... you know where I'm going with this!


Original Post:
Today we are supposed to be getting snow. I really do not like snow. I wish all you up on the northern side of the East Coast would have kept your snow! (Kidding, I know yall got hammered) I think the reason I don't like snow is because usually when it snows here in Georgia it's not actually snow. It's snice. Snow/Ice. We had real snow when we lived in Memphis. Fluffy white stuff. Not a thin layer of snice which melted an hour later.

Take for instance, last year's snow. Stacia blogged about it last year, before we had even met. You can see how much snow we got. I didn't blog about it (if you look back, I only made one blog post in March... weird!), but we did take a few pictures. It was March 1st. It started snowing that morning during church services, which last 3 hours for us. By the time we were out of church, the snow had already started to melt.

We stayed inside for the most part. We did go outside to take these few pictures of Benjamin in his first snow. This lasted about 1 minute, 3 tops. It was the quickest photo shoot ever. I don't remember if we went back in so soon because of Benjamin, or because I was cold.


This jacket was giant on him so we bundled him up.

I can't believe how small Benjamin was!

Though, next to me he looks bigger! And don't you love how I'm bundled up to the max, and Hubby isn't even wearing a jacket. Who likes the cold weather? Certainly isn't me.


So, will I have any new snow pictures to show you later on? I don't know. You'll just have to check back and see!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love how you called it Snice! That is so true! We've lived in Washington, Wyoming and D.C. and that is REAL snow! and yes, by the time we'd had our third storm I was so over it and ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, he is so tiny! I love the snow pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!