Though really I don't think Valentine's Day is all girly. I love Valentine's Day. I know there are a lot of people who for whatever reason hate Valentine's Day. I'd write about why I love it, but I think my friend Peyton said it best in his Valentine's Day Blog post.
Anyway, I did take pictures of all of our stuff, of course. I wanted to share a few things with you.
Bad picture, but here was the setup. This was in the afternoon. In the morning, our Valentine's gifts were waiting for us. We cleaned that up after Ben went down for a nap.
My cupcakes. They really did not turn out the way I wanted. My icing wasn't thick enough. I experimented with a homemade buttercream recipe, which tasted okay, it was just really runny. Trial and error, I guess...
It's a good thing I guess that I kept all these decorations from our wedding shower! Oh and the heart ramekin... I think that was given to me a couple years ago, bought from Target?
Benjamin fingerpainted two hearts. This is one of them.
The picture in the background always hangs in our dining room. It was a nice touch though for the occasion!
I made heart-shaped ice. The red food coloring wasn't the best idea... But I still think they were really cute and I am glad I did them!
Pretty, huh?
Benjamin eating his Valentine's cupcake. We took the icing off beforehand, though. Waaaay too sugary for him. Nearly too sugary for me, too!
Coca Cola glass courtesy McDonald's.
Another shot of my heart ice. Note To Self: Red Food Coloring WILL stain your cabinets!
I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday, and I hope you all are able to spend time with your loved ones tomorrow for Valentine's Day, but most importantly your loved One, as tomorrow is also the Lord's day!
So cute!! I love all of the decorations!!
ReplyDeleteLove the icecubes! They look really cool even if they do stain ;) It is so much fun to decorate things!
ReplyDeleteMan, you know how to celebrate! Everything looks great, and you've given me some great ideas for that Valentine's party I always plan on having but never get around to doing... maybe next year. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy ♥ Day!
Thanks Kate!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! I really thought they were cute! Next time I may try a different method of getting them colored...
ReplyDeleteHappy ♥ Day to you, too, Peyton!
ReplyDeleteI set my table for a Valentine's Sunday lunch and Mike said I was cheesy. Allyson asked whose birthday it was! They both made me smile. I love Valentine's Day! :D
ReplyDelete