We went to run our errands. First we had to go by Longhorn's to pick up Hubby's debit card that we left on Valentine's day. Then we went to pick up Hubby's new desk for his office (he's been using either the coffee table or the dining room table to do his work). It's really big and really nice. I am really glad we decided to go for it because it was a really good deal! We then went grocery shopping, and by this time Benjamin was still being really good but was getting tired. By the time we got to the checkout line, he was getting cranky.
After all our errands were run, we went home to put Benjamin down for a nap and food for us. I also took that time to make my cupcakes, which were brownie cupcakes. I lost my temper as well, and I wish I could have chalked it up to being stressed, but I can't. I can only chalk it up to something I need to work on. I like for things to go my way, and I couldn't get my icing to go my way so I got frustrated. Looking back, that's really a stupid thing to get so worked up about! Anyway, as you can see, I am flawed! But I'm working on it.
We finished everything up at home and then we went on to visit one of the members from the congregation at her home. It was a nice visit and we got to relax and just talk while Benjamin walked everywhere and wanted to play with everything.
When we were driving over there, we got a call from my grandmother who lives in South Carolina. She was calling on behalf of one of the members at the congregation she attends who has family in Warner Robins. His mother is very elderly and is suffering from ovarian and pancreatic cancer. They have just found out and she is in poor shape. She was at the hospital there in town and he was hoping we would be able to go visit and pray with them there. The woman's daughter was there with her. It broke my heart to see a woman suffering like that. We dropped Benjamin off at our friends' house, so it was just us. You could tell that the woman was very loved and that many were affected by this.
Yesterday I watched a lady take care of her dying mother and I pray that I will never have to do that with my own mother.
We prayed with our new acquaintances and gave them Hubby's card so they can call us if anything changes or if they need anything. We left (after I made a fool of myself on the elevator... I'm such a ditz!) feeling very humbled and reminded of the frailty of life.
We made our way back to Chris and Kayla's and there we spent the rest of the evening. It was Lost night so we had food and just got to talk and hang out as well as watch the show.
And that was our day. We woke up late this morning and Benjamin is watching his Wiggles now. Hubby is putting together his new desk. I'm thinking about calling my mom in a little while. Hope you're having a good week so far!
I loose my temper and get frustrated so easily. I'm realy trying to work on it too, but it is so hard isn't it!? I think havong a baby made it worse because I have so little control over so many things now. I guess I'll just have to keep trying!
ReplyDeleteLost was soooo good last night wasn't it?!
I loose my temper and get frustrated so easily. I'm realy trying to work on it too, but it is so hard isn't it!? I think havong a baby made it worse because I have so little control over so many things now. I guess I'll just have to keep trying!
ReplyDeleteLost was soooo good last night wasn't it?!
That was a busy day, and I am so happy that you all were able to go pray with your new friend and Mother! God is doing wonderful things through you two!! Well, three :)
ReplyDeleteIt was! It really was!!! And although I hate that you and I are in the same boat, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I hope we helped them in this hard time!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a busy day! So glad you were able to visit and pray with that lady and her mother! I'm sure it was such a comfort to them!
ReplyDeleteI hope so! They have been on my mind a lot today!! Please pray for them when you have a moment.
ReplyDelete