Yesterday we received the Goat Milk Soap we had ordered late last week. Benjamin has eczema really bad {especially in the winter} and I have tried so many different things. Lotion, cortizone cream, steroid cream, Aveeno bath, hypoallergenic bath... I finally gave up on all of that and researched Goat milk soap. I saw some testimonials on the website that said it got rid of their infants' bad eczema within a week of using. Last night we bathed Benjamin with it and this morning it doesn't look nearly as bad as it usually does! Hooray!
That's the sweet bag it came in.
And there's the soap itself. It will hopefully last us a while.
They also sent a few samples so I used one of the little samples on some of my dry spots as well. We got Benjamin the Purity bar because it didn't have any fragrance in it. I used the Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey sample. Fantastic!
Tonight we are going to IHOP to celebrate National Pancake Day with a free stack of pancakes! I am so excited. We have been planning on this for some time now and it is finally here! Is it sad I'm getting so excited over this? IHOP is one of my favorite places to eat. We celebrated NPD with IHOP last year, too, and I think it was the first restaurant we took Benjamin out too. He would have been just over a month old! Is anyone else going out for some free pancakes?
After that, we are going to Chris and Kayla's for LOST night. Excited! Very!
Oh, and my last bit of excitement for the moment... can you guess? Here's a hint!
This happens tomorrow! Can you guess what I'm totally pumped about?!
Could that be...new flooring that will be happening tomorrow??? Hmmm...I wonder...
ReplyDeleteAre you guys installing it yourself? And I so did not know it was NPD!!! I've been having a blah day too but that news just brightened it a bit :) Darren is off tonight (as of now) maybe we'll be making a trip to IHOP as well!
ReplyDeleteYes, yes, yes!!!
ReplyDeleteOne of the members out here will be doing the installation. Do you know Chip McClendon?
ReplyDeleteMaybe we'll see yall out there, then! We're going for an early dinner, I think. Sometime before six because Kayla has to go to school then.
New floor time! Whoo hoo! I wish we had an IHOP closer. The nearest one is an hour away :( Otherwise, we'd be going fo sho. We love us some IHOP! I'm glad you were able to find something that seems to be helping with Benjamin's eczema.
ReplyDeleteYay for getting a new floor!!!! We {Jacob} replaced our nasty kitchen foor and living room last summer! It's hard work, depending on what kind you do, but it is soo worth it!!
ReplyDeleteI understand about blah days too! I always bake something or try to get out of the house for a little bit. Love ya girl!
Me too! Poor guy has been miserable!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited!!
ReplyDeleteI'd have baked something but we're out of ingredients! haha!
I have definitely heard about the goat milk soap and I recommended it for my niece but of course my sister didn't listen to me. Where did you get your soap? I get my soaps from the Mellow Yellow Soap Company.
ReplyDeleteI got my soap from www.GoatMilkStuff.com
ReplyDeleteI hope you have fun at NPD...I'm not the biggest fan of pancakes all the time or IHOP. Does that make me a bad person? :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I have eczema...and feel Benjamin's pain. My hands have been red and raw all over from winter time and washing constantly. Yikes. Crisco works good...just so you know when he's older!
Sooooo.... is Goat Milk an ingredient or a quirky brand name?
ReplyDeleteOOOH my little guy has the worst Eczema ! THANK YOU for this!
ReplyDeleteKristen, If your soap doesn't work. Try dressing benjamin in only cotton fabrics. Diamond and Devan both have a polyester allergy. They have breakouts every time they wear things like the warm fuzzy p.j.s and tights. We switched only cotton p.j.s last winter and there eczema is pratically gone.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip! But I gotta admit that kinda sounds gross.
ReplyDeleteHmm, both! ;) It is goat milk based. :)
ReplyDeleteIf you get it, I hope it works for yours too! It's painful to see them so itchy!
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't even think of that! Thanks Kimberly!
ReplyDeleteHi Kristen,
ReplyDeleteHave you tried natural baby skin care like California Baby or Burt's Bees?
My baby had allergies, and he often broke out in a rash on his face. I used California Baby's Calendula Cream, and sometimes 'sealed' it in with a teeny bit dab of Burt's Bees Apricot Baby Oil. Healed his rash really quickly. I also use the Super Sensitive Body/Hair Wash from California Baby. It's the most gentle wash I've tried for him; I even use it on my sensitive face.
Astie, I have not tried those! But I am definitely going to keep those in mind next time I go looking for that. I have really sensitive skin as well. I guess he gets it from me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggestions!! I have a friend whose baby has eczema, so I will have to pass that along to her as well!
You're welcome! Let me know if it works :)
ReplyDelete