2.15.2010

Topsy Turvy

First things first.

Facebook is over. For me, anyway. Yesterday I pulled the plug. Facebook was taking up too much of my time. Too much time that I could spend with my son, with my house work, or most importantly with my God. I pulled the plug and I feel good about it. I'm not having withdrawals [yet]. In fact, I have spent a lot more time reflecting, playing, and folding laundry. Those of you who have known me for years know it is really rare for me to substitute something with any form of house work. But I'm reforming. A new and better me. It feels so good!

_______________


If we hadn't lived in Memphis for a year, I would have been shocked that anyone could go from:




to:




in just one day. Yes, puffy coat weather to barely even sweater weather. I sort of got used to quick changes when we lived in Memphis, though, so at least this isn't a shock to me. I will miss this sweet little awed expression:


and this one:


But I'm ready for some sunshine! I can't wait for Spring! We should be getting into the 50's and 60's next week! I can't tell you how exciting that is to me!

Well, I am sure there are more chores and reflecting to do, so I'm going to head off and do that! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and Valentine's Day! I am happy to be moving on and I gotta say I am ready for March!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. That was one of the first things I noticed today when I logged on to Facebook. No more Kristen. :( But I am glad that you are now able to spend your time doing things that are much more worthy of your time. I have slightly followed your lead. I have deleted all my applications (expect one) and fan pages. I only wanted Facebook to be a place were I can stay in touch with my friends I did not expect to get stuck clicking on imaginary fields and fish. LOL

    The snow was nice for a while but I am ready to get back to 60 degree weather! Oh and I like the new pictures on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your snow pics! We got some of it too over here in Alabama!

    I know what you mean about the facebook thing, I don't spend nearly as much time as I used to on it because I know that is valuable time that I should be spending with my husband and daughter. I almost quit blogging too, but for now, I'm going to try to stick with it. I just don't want it to ever take place of time I could be spending with my family. However, I love having somewhere to record our everyday memories that don't alway make it into our scrapbooks.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for spring too!!! I miss you on fb but totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring on Spring!!! I'm ready too! I want to open our windows (they are old and most are painted shut...I'll have to work on that!) and I want to see green grass again :) I admire you for dropping FB. I cut out all the applications and hide all the other crap. That really helped with the lost hours. I'll keep looking forward to your blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st and foremost, I commend you on your decision to stay away from the fbook. It was too much drama and highly consuming for me. I deleted it in July and haven't looked back since. I miss keeping up with some people but I love only knowing people through face to face interaction and emails and blogs. Hooray...I hope it helps you. And yes, you realize you have more time to do the little things when you're not obsessed with what everyone else is doing with their time. Love it!

    disclaimer: I'm not saying that fbook is horrible...but it can definitely be a downfall for many. To each their own...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to miss you on facebook, but I really respect your decision to pull the plug. I've considered it. But, so far, have managed to just handle my time more wisely so I'm still getting done the things I nned to do. (until baby 3 comes...in another year or two... and my whole world is thrown off again...) ;) I'll just try to keep up with you this way. And we should be seeing you at the end of March, right?? :)

    I am glad that Benjamin enjoyed the show. Jay really did too. And Carrie, for that matter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely need to find a balance with all things online or it can quickly take over! I don't spend quite as much time on FB I used to. I do like to have it to keep up with a few friends and family that live far away from me. So for that reason I won't get rid of it. I have had a week break from blogs (except for a few posts myself) and it's been quite nice!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!