3.19.2010

Featured?! Me?!

What do these three things have in common?:





All are components to a wonderful Family Date Night! Tonight we had some shopping to get done for the weekend {we are having a couple from Church over for lunch on Sunday} so we decided to just have a family Date Night. We first went by Chris and Kayla's to drop off Mariah's babydoll which she left over here. Apparently there had been a wreck or something on the way so we stopped by and visited while the traffic jam cleared on the road outside their apartment complex.

Then, we headed to Steak & Shake. I love eating there. I had a Southwestern BBQ & Bacon Cheese burger, fries, and a Hershey's special dark milk shake, and it was fantastic. Okay, now, that is not a good start to a healthy evening, but I think I can live with that. ;-) Anyway, Benjamin had his mini corndogs, which he gobbled up {except for one that he dropped - and that got him attention from our waiter, which he loved}.

After that we went on to Target to pick up a few things. We had a $5 gift card for purchasing 4 boxes of Mini Wheats the other week. We ended up buying 1 box of Devil's Food cake {Betty Crocker's Devil's Food Cake mix was on sale for $1, BUT Duncan Hines - which I think is better - was only 97cents. We went with Duncan Hines}, a jar of peanut butter, a bag of confectioner's sugar, a Get Well card for my grandmother, and a 2-pack of sippy cups. All together it was $8.99 - but that's after we took off $5 with the gift card. I guess all in all it wasn't a bad shopping trip, considering the fact that we usually spend loads more than that.

Between Target and Starbucks we went to Walmart and Walgreens trying to track down Boudreaux's baby wash and dry skin ointment - with no luck. Then we went to Starbucks {drive thru} to put the cherry on my Not-Eating-Healthy night. I got a Java Chip Frappe, and I am loving it.

We got home around 10:00PM and Benjamin was awake enough for a quick bath. Now, he's hopefully sound asleep in his crib... and I am still working on that Java Chip.

I got an e-mail not too long ago, by the way, saying I had been Featured!! I have never been featured before so this is a big deal to me! Check it out! My birthday banner is featured on The City Cradle!

Holla!


post signature

12 comments:

  1. Yay for being featured!! We ate at Steak and Shake tonight too! I had the grilled chicken salad :) Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kristen! Your Benjamin is such a handsome little guy. They grow so fast. Congratulations on being featured for the birthday banner you made -- how cool is that -- want to make that banner myself! I love shopping at Target {my oldest son is manager at one}... they have such great stuff {I zero in on the dollar bins}. That frappe you bought is making me drool... arg! I am craving that and it's the middle of the night, LOL! Ah well.... anyway, wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog yesterday -- so glad you could stop by! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome you're featured! Woot woot! I love to get a strawberry and vanilla side by side when I go to steak n shake. yum, yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steak and Shake is so good! Oh yum. Yay for being featured!!! :D

    Ok, so I have a question...you do your backgrounds {so cute!!}, and there's no white space on the sides. That's what happening on mine, and I don't know why. What do you do so it doesn't do that? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I usually size my backgrounds to a really high number so it covers the whole page. Usually a number 2000px or larger. So I suppose, just size the blue background to be a bit larger, or multiply it on the sides. If that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Dollar Bins! We usually get Benjamin's little Easter things for his basket or stocking stuffers from the Dollar Bins. They usually have a lot of neat odds and ends, too.
    Ha! Sorry for giving you a craving! hehehe, I think I've got a craving for it this morning too... too bad Starbucks is like 20 minutes away!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm! I probably should have gotten that. This was my first time trying that particular Steak Burger and I don't think I will get it again... too many onions! I hope you have a fantastic weekend as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea for being featured!! And I just love me some Target, Steak-n-Shake, and a Frap :) That sounds like a dream date night to me!!! p.s. My hubby was working that huge accident... I think the traffic jam it created was bigger than the wreck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I wish we had a Steak 'n Shake nearby! The closest one is two hours away!
    Sounds like a fun family date night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, ok...I see. I had tried that some, but I guess I still didn't make it big enough! Thanks so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like anything that involves coffee and Target...so I'd say you had a pretty good time! Glad ya'll enjoyed yourselves.

    Sadly...I will not be in Memphis that last week...stinky school interrupts everything fun.

    Enjoy it for me!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!