Really and truly though, he usually is a pretty happy guy. He is incredibly goofy and knows no stranger. He is a real people person. That trait does not come from me. I am incredibly shy, and if you meet me in person, it would probably take a day or two for me to really warm up to you enough to hold a real conversation. That's just the way I've always been. Quiet, shy, reserved.
Not Benjamin, though. He is anything but reserved. He likes to "Preach" to people. We say that because he will stand up in front of a group of people and just talk away at the top of his little lungs. When he wants to be heard - well, he is heard.
On the other hand, he can be quiet and observant as well. He mimics a lot, especially since he's been watching more of the Wiggles. He watches and the next thing you know, he's learned something new. He loves to stamp his feet and clap his hands and turn in circles. He always seems eager to learn something new.
He gets that from his daddy. And his fascination for dogs? Hmm, that's probably my doing.
He's good-natured and sweet, but he has a strong will and he's got a stubborn streak to boot. But we're all a work in progress, are we not?
My curious, affectionate Benjamin...
Sweet, goofy, adorable, stubborn...
one of a kind.
Kristen...you are part of the reason why Ben is so good (the other part is Carl, of course) because you are a patient and giving mother. Your focus is totally on Ben at this time in his development when he needs you most. I am ever thankful that you are able to be at home with him each day of his little life. But good babies are also a special gift...I was blessed with two myself. I used to watch other babies out in public and think, "I am so thankful Carl and Preston never acted like that." They just weren't fussy, whiney, temper-tantrum boys either. So maybe some of it is in the genes, but a whole lot of it comes from the love Ben knows he gets everyday. And most of all...it comes from God, because he is truly a blessing to us all. I miss ya'll and long to see you, Carl and Ben.
ReplyDeleteIt's the same way for me with Reagan. Everyone talks about how she never cries and is always so happy. Most of the time she is. But we always say come around when she gets hungry or sleepy. :) She is also very much a people person while I, like you, am shy until I get to know someone. Sometimes people think I'm stuck up when they first meet me because I just can't open up yet. It seems like we have so much in common. I can't wait to actually meet you and Benjamin!!! lol I guess it will be cool to see Carl too. :)
ReplyDeletefirst of all your pictures are great! I know you are loving your new camera!! second... can't wait to check our your hubby's new blog :) and last... you can not tell me that Benjamin is ever unhappy ;-) it's not possible!! lol!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are amazing!!!! Such a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteThe happy pics are the cutest. :)
ReplyDelete