3.07.2010

home is where the heart is

Benjamin,





and I are on a mini vacation, visiting with my parents, for the week. We got here Friday night, and will be staying until next Friday.



So far, it's been nice.



I kind of feel like a single parent at times, but it is really good to spend time with my mom and dad, and for Benjamin to spend time with his Nana and Papaw. We're also visiting with my grandmother, who is still in need of prayers.





It has been a lot of fun, though. I'm sleeping in the room that was mine when I lived at home. The lime green walls are gone. Some mushroom color has replaced it. It's filled with antiques and photographs of ancestors. Plus some "nifty golifty" {as my mom says} old cameras. It feels homey.



And it's good to be back "home".



but



we really miss daddy.



"Home is where the heart is" and mine is here and there.



Daddy, we just wanted to let you know...



We love and miss you!




post signature

8 comments:

  1. awww what a sweet post. Have an amazing time with your parents! Sorry your hubby can't be with you :( LOVE THE PICTURES!
    Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go home every summer for a week or two while jeremy is busy with kids camps. I know how you feel! :) I've felt that single parent feeling before and the girls always miss him while he's gone. I do too. :) enjoy your time away though. I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know how you feel. I hope you have a great visit, and I know you look forward to a happy reunion with your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Benjamin looks completely handsome...and you look completely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heee heee heee.........awwwwwwwwww......ohhhhhhhhh.....OHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......That was the progression of what came out of me while reading this post....SO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh!! so sweeeet! I can't stand being away from hubby even for a night :)
    By the way, the pictures are really nice and vibrant and sharp now that you have your new toy! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are just precious! Benjamin has such blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!