3.02.2010

Feelin' Feminine Challenge

EDIT// Today was cut short as not too long ago the top tier of my funky pink skirt ripped. R.I.P. funkalicious skirt. I'll try again tomorrow for day 2. My skirts are in the washer/dryer right now.

Sigh.

ORIGINAL//

Not too long after I wrote this post admitting I was wearing sweats and a hoodie {what was I thinking?!}, I came across this post on my dear blogging friend Katy's blog. Then I just sat here and thought, "Why can't I be feminine today, or every day?" I mean... I felt kind of... genderless wearing my sweats and hoodie. I mean, really. How feminine is that? So I decided I would join in and see if I can do a skirt or dress every day for a week.



Now, don't laugh. You know how much I love bright colors, especially looking back 3-4 years ago when I was 16 or 17. I do love the color pink, but only if it's bright enough! You've had your fair warning.

And just so you know, this is the brightest skirt I own, so after this you can be assured that I'm not going to be dressed as wildly bright.



The skirt and shrug were both given to me {because they actually match a pair of pink shoes I have...yes, for real}. The shirt ... uh, I've had it forever. And the belt doohicky came with a pair of pants.

Did I mention it's cold today? So I'm wearing tights. These tights.



They are thick, they are warm, and you know what? I like 'em!



And I like the belt thing too.

I feel a lot better now than I did when I was wearing my sweats and hoodie. Since we're going out tonight I'll probably put on my black leggings {over my tights} because I'm a wimp when it's cold and rainy. Now I'm just debating on whether or not I should wear my pink and purple rain boots or my bright pink "loafers" with this.

Like I said before, this is as wild as I get these days. And this is tame compared to my earlier years.

I'm laughing now as I post this. I can't believe I'm sharing my insane wardrobe with you!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. I love it! I probably need to get back to being feminine again myself! Cute outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dorthy! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean; sometimes when I am home all day with the babies I feel so sluggish and blah. (I don't have any better word to describe it - I bet you know what I mean!) Though I don't really wear make up or follow the trends of today, it does make me feel a lot better to just put on a nice outfit and some earrings. (before kids, I felt naked without necklace and earrings. Now, I hardly ever remember to put any on before leaving the house) :)
    Enjoy your week in skirts. Oh, and I love the photo of the belt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it!!! I should be braver with my clothes! Go Kristen!!!
    I just joined a group on fb called the Donna Reed group or something along those lines. All about wearing an apron and heels while you cook dinner and cookies!!! LOVE it!!! :)
    SO going domestic diva!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMW! That is so so so cute! I LOVE the stockings! Isn't it amazing how much better you feel about yourself when you dress up? I know I always feel so much better about myself! Such a cute outfit I can hardly wait to see what other outfits you come up with!!! ;)
    Love and hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean Rebecca!!

    Thanks, I just hate that this week is a cold and wet one! aahh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally wore my apron today while mopping just 'cause! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Katy!!! It was a lot of fun! I came out first in a ridiculous outfit and Carl was kinda confused... as though he wanted to say it looked ridiculous but not unless I already knew, ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I am going to have to wait til warmer weather though...not much on tights/leggings/hose etc. And walking to school everyday in the snow messes up the dress thing. But I think you're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went outside today and the wind was crazy and soooo cold. ugh! bad day for a skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!