3.26.2010

This morning, I slacked off

But in my defense, it was a very productive morning of slacking off. I should have been packing up essentials for our trip next week. Yes, that is what I should have been doing. I have packed a lot through out the week but I'm not done yet... and I need to be sometime before Sunday...

Why pack when I can slack off and sew?

I had a huge urge to create something else with a super easy tutorial from calico. I have a lot of fabric left over from my other endeavors, so I decided to make a coordinating diaper strap to hold Benjamin's diapers in the diaper bag. I love having an organized diaper bag. I wish my house was as organized! Well, we can't have our cake and eat it too, now can we? {That's what I'm going to tell myself anyway}

So after I had already cleaned up all my sewing stuff from yesterday, I hauled it all out again. And I created this:

DSC00927
DSC00928
DSC00929
DSC00930


Awesome, right? I thought so too. Not perfect, of course, as it is only my third project! But I am really happy with how it turned out. FYI, It is hard to sew through velcro by hand. So I glued my button on after doing some stitching. Is that deceitful? Well if anyone asks, I'll totally tell the truth.

Oh and if anyone is wondering, yes, we still cloth diaper. But we do use disposable on vacations. That's just how we roll.

Anyway, I think I'm still slacking off. I mean, I am writing a blog post about what I did while slacking off!

Keep little Benjamin in your prayers please. He is teething and he is suffering from allergies and the poor little guy is just not happy with the combination. Right now he is conked out in his crib and who knows how long he will sleep! But he needs that rest!

Thanks!

---------------

This post was fueled by Minute Maid Berry Punch, because that stuff is amazing.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love the diaper strap! Very cool how you did the button.
    I'll be praying Benjamin feels better soon...especially before your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you roll. Even when it's rolling to Memphis.

    That is a really adorable diaper strap...

    ReplyDelete

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
- Colossians 4:6

I am always happy to hear from you! I do read all your comments, even if I do not get around to responding! You can e-mail me at kris.renee.j@gmail.com and I'll respond as quickly as possible!