Anyway, back to the haircuts.
Hubby's looks great.
Mine... well, I went in with bangs that looked like this:
And I really liked my bangs. But like the rest of my hair, I wanted a trim. I didn't want them to be chopped off, but I did want to kind of trim them up. Now, perhaps I just don't understand hair stylists' "jargon" but I didn't think "trim" meant to change the style. I didn't quite see what had happened in the salon because I didn't have my glasses on at the time, silly me...
She gave me a Luke Skywalker haircut.
Okay, okay. Not that drastic, or bad. This is probably a little more accurate:
It doesn't look bad, I don't hate it. I don't have a picture of it at the moment to show you, but if I do get one, I'll post it. It's not a bad haircut. I don't think it's ugly or weird.
I just didn't want bangs like that.
Simple as that.
Not a bad hair cut, just an unexpected one.
Today was Benjamin's turn. I got my little scissors out and laid a towel on the kitchen floor, put his high chair on top of that, and plopped him down in it with his juice cup, and his daddy there to entertain. This is the second time I have cut his hair but I think this time was much better. I cut in some "layers" instead of it being round and long to the same length, if that makes any sense. I would have done that the first time, had I known how! Yay for internet tutorials on how to cut your son's hair {seriously - that is what I used!}!
Benjamin's new hair cut makes him look even cuter! I'd snap a picture and show you, but right now he is with his daddy at the Boys and Girls Club. They are having a sort of "open house" if you will so Benjamin got to go on a little outing. Last I heard he was having fun and that he had "an entourage". Figures. That kid always has an entourage! ha! He loves it!
I have found a wonderful hair stylest and she will cut guys hair too. Her name is Melissa and she works at Colors on CarlVinson. She is awesome. My mom and so many people at church go to her. It is not a Great Clips price but no one ever leaves disapointed. When you decide to get yours cut again I highly recomend her.
ReplyDeleteI totally cracked up with your face on Luke Skywalker. :D
ReplyDeleteAnthony is the one for us that always seems to end up with a cut not being right.
Oh my goodness! I died laughing when I saw your first pic. and then I almost cried for you in the same second! I'm sure it's not as bad as made it sound. Just don't wear the robe thingy and I think you'll be just fine :)
ReplyDeleteKristen as Luke Skywalker=EPIC!!! lol:)
ReplyDeleteOk, I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of you as Luke Skywalker! And then I laughed again. TOO funny! Sorry about the haircut though. As I tell my brothers after I've cut their hair "If you don't like it, don't worry, it'll grow back" Hehe.
ReplyDeleteWe will have to look into that! I've gone to the same lady the past three times and she did pretty well the first two but I don't know what got into her this last one! Ha!
ReplyDeleteHa, Carl only gets bad haircuts when he attempts it himself...
ReplyDeleteOh man... I was planning on the robe thing! Guess not...
ReplyDeleteha thanks... I think? lol!
ReplyDeleteYeah, at least it will grow back! I had to look at an internet tutorial for Ben's haircut... and as they said on the tutorial, "You can always cut off more, but it takes 6 weeks to hide a slip of the scissors." sigh. I guess I have my Luke Skywalker do for about 6 weeks more ha.
ReplyDeleteLost was amazing.
ReplyDeleteI hate having haircuts like that, where's not what you really wanted even if you don't hate it. That's why I always get my haircut in Memphis, even if it gets shabby for a few weeks before I can get back down there.
You're real cute.
I want to see a pic of this haircut soon!