Today, I am stepping out of my blogging comfort zone, especially with my first Fail. I took these pictures when the incident happened {which I also count as a fail - you'll understand in a minute}, and that night I told myself I would definitely not post these pictures to my blog in any way {I am not}. I told myself I wouldn't even mention the incident.
And here we are.
My mom was folding our laundry {she is so sweet!} and we looked up to find Benjamin walking around, sporting a new vest. That vest being, erm, my underwear. Thankfully they were clean, or you could be sure I would have skipped the pictures and snatched the underwear from him. This time, we allowed him to have his fun while we {my mom and I} took pictures on my camera and her cell phone.
Fail.
And the face he made when I took the underwear from him?
Fail number two made me feel really bad. We went to Goodwill on Monday and we found this totally adorable Vintage outfit for Benjamin. I wanted him to wear it to Bible class, so after his bath I wrestled him into it.
We all piled into my grandma's van to go to church and Benjamin immediately began to tear at his legs. They had exploded in a rash that was extremely red and apparently equally itchy. Poor baby. I hadn't brought any extra clothes for him {fail} so the poor thing wore the itchy outfit for an hour. Thankfully he found other things to do at the church building that took his mind off of his itchy legs.
Cute outfit, right? Totally not worth it.
Fail number three, I'm not too embarrassed about. It wasn't a big deal so I have no trouble sharing it. In fact, I'll just let the picture speak for itself.
'Nuff Said.
I have also failed to show you more pictures of our week, which I apologize for, but you can imagine how busy I am acting as a mommy and a daddy for busy Benjamin. It's hard! I could never be a single parent! Here are a couple photos that I took earlier this week. I am sad that today is our last day here, but boy am I ready to be back with hubby!
Anyway, I hope you'll head on over to Myra's blog to join in on the Friday Fail
Sounds like you've had a busy week! o.o Yeah, single parenthood sounds like quite a challenge.....Which is why I have the utmost admiration for my mom because when Mark left, she had a two-year-old, a five-year-old, and a nine-year-old on her hands! Thankfully, my grandmother helped out a LOT [and still does], but still. Cortni [the five-year-old] and I ended up having major issues come up from the separation, which I'm sure made it all the more difficult....Congrats on making it through the week! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is that??? I stared at it for a few minutes??? Cant figure it out? Loved his blue and yellow outfit the other day. I tried to comment on your "clean" blog b/c it literally made me cry...it wouldn't let me :( I read all of your posts...Most of the time it wont let me comment though :( Great job! Your my favorite person to "blog stalk" hehehe!
ReplyDeleteBen grabbed a piece of chocolate and started to eat it...but only ate the foil...
ReplyDeleteLOL! Mom's undies on the baby definitely demands a picture, at the very LEAST, for his baby book! :)
ReplyDeleteYou didn't fail at all besides your baby looks cute in that suit!
ReplyDeleteWhat a week. Poor baby rashes are not fun...not that I know from similar experiences or anything! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/2010/03/grill-friday-fail.html
Oh my! What a week you had! Poor baby with his rash...
ReplyDeleteThanks for participating in Friday Fails! You'll love keeping it real!
I love your blog! It's so cute and Benjamin is adorable!!!!
Lord knows I've had my fair share of fails!!
ReplyDelete